Recent Posts

Friday, November 20, 2009

Old School - November 20, 2009

Book club has just wrapped up for November.  This month, we all read Aravind Adiga's The White Tiger.  The ladies have all left and I cannot help but give thanks.
Thank you to the five lovely ladies who I had the pleasure of spending this evening with...

Marta - This woman knows the best desserts in town.  Tonight she brought a Dulce De Leche cake from She Takes the Cake.  It was my first time trying this amazing sweet treat.  Heavenly, heavenly, heavenly.  Apparently she's got an amazing chocolate cake to unleash upon us when it's her turn to host in January.  Can't wait!

Sylvie - She's been making some pretty big decisions lately and I have to applaud the way she's been handling them with logic and patience.  Way to go girl!

Makeda - Next time I see her, I am going to count the minutes in between laughter. I am pretty sure not more than two or three minutes go by without her making you laugh out loud!

Sheba - There are no words.  How do you possibly give thanks for someone who gives you their shoulder, their heart and their unconditional love on a daily basis?

Krista and Naaz - You were missed.

Thank you for the women in my life.

2 comments:

bklyn76 said...

it was a fantastic night, wasn't it? i can't wait for next month. i think i *dreamt* about that cake!

Faiza, you've always been there for me.

Faiza said...

i definitely dreamt of cake and those cupcakes from september too...
love you s!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!