Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Discovering Swap-bot

My snail mail enabler Sheba told me about another great site called  Swap-bot.  She would prefer to be referred to as my muse but my current addiction would dictate otherwise. 

Swap-bot is a wonderful online community where snail mailers like me can go to find out about swaps and participate in sending and receiving mail from strangers around the world. There is usually some sort of creative/arts and crafts/design aspect to each swap.

I joined a swap called "Mail Me a Decorated Envie."  It was a little tricky to figure out how everything works on the site, but I finally figured it out.  This is an international swap where you decorate an envelope for a stranger with a short letter enclosed.  I was lucky enough to be able to send my first swap item to sunshinesuperman in Kansas. 

Here's the front of my decorated envie. 



And here's the back.

7 comments:

Karim Kanji said...

Very nice Faiza! Shenaz Aunie would be VERY proud!

Faiza said...

That's funny because it's soooo TRUE!

bklyn76 said...

wow, that's your best one yet! YOU are my muse when it comes to your mehndi envies!

Melanie Jane said...

Faiza you have such a wonderful spirit and the little things that make you tick are so interesting!

Faiza said...

Thanks everyone! Happy 2010 to you all!

Megan said...

Love the envelope, it looks fantastic!

Faiza said...

Thanks Megan. I really enjoyed decorating this envelope and sending off a little piece of fun in the mail. Happy New Year to you and thanks for visiting my blog!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!