Recent Posts

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Yesterday was a perfect day filled with many of my favorite things...

1.  Started off the day puttering in my pjs puttering while catching up with my friends in Genoa City.  Yes, I love The Young and the Restless.  I can admit it.  Proudly.  Been watching it for 20 years.  Yes, it's a ridiculous show, I'm aware.  Long live Victor Newman!

2.  Also finished off Season One of Being Erica thanks to the great people at zip.ca.
Suzie got me hooked on this show when I visited her this fall in Stuttgart.  Erica Strange is a 30-something Torontonian who time travels back in time to revisit old regrets and make things right where she can.  The music on this show conjures up all kinds of memories for me and I love seeing all the shots of Toronto.

3. Played two online Scrabble games with Munira.  She kicked my butt in both games!

4. Finally turned the TV off and put the computer away to venture outside and have dinner with Suzie and Timo at one of Toronto's best Thai restaurants Salad King.  Had the Thai Islamic Noodle (3 chillies) - yum!

5.  Walked off our delicious dinner at the BMV on Edward Street.  BMV is one of my favorite independent bookstores in Toronto.  The one in the Annex has an amazing children and young adult section.  Remember Sweet Valley High and Babysitters Club?  Suzie and I both came away winners!  Check out our loot:
BMV finds!  (Note to Naaz:  I know what you are thinking.  
Don't say it...Just feel free to borrow any of these books!)

6.  Capped off this perfect day back in front of the TV with Tez.  Everyone's been telling/harassing me to watch Glee.  I finally understand why.  What a wonderful show!  Tez and I made quite the dent into Christmas Eve morning watching the first three episodes of Glee.  I sense a few Glee marathons in the future.

Oh and did I mention I also got a workout and 5 loads of laundry done too!  A perfect, perfect day!

I hope that this holiday season you get to have your perfect day.  I wish you laughter, joy, love and most of all gratitude.



3 comments:

Karim Kanji said...

Sounds like you had a great day! So to continue why don't you come on over and do our laundry....#justsaying

bklyn76 said...

wow, you were productive for the both of us. i don't feel so bad for doing nothing yesterday!

um, i could've given you some of those books! the others, i will borrow!

Faiza said...

KK - I would prefer to do laundry at your house and avoid going up and down 18 floors to do mine! Why don't I play with Kahzmir will you do laundry? Everybody wins that way!

Sheba - You definitely shouldn't feel about doing nothing or did you forget you just threw a mundan celebration and a party for your one year old while battling a cold and cough? Take another week off!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!