Recent Posts

Friday, December 25, 2009

Snail Mail Tale - All is Full of Love


I love snail mail!

I love sending letters, postcards and trinkets.  Anything at all.  It is so much fun to think about the journey a piece of mail takes from one place to another.  My family and friends are spread out all over the world.  Of course we already keep in touch over email, Facebook, BBM, texts and the phone, but it is much more fun to put pen, gel pens, highlighters, markers, crayons (whatever really) to paper, decorate an envelope and leave the rest up to the postman.


I fell in love with snail mail when my cousin Tasneem and her family moved to Calgary.  We grew up together in Toronto, wore matching jelly shoes and bubble dresses and were best buddies who saw each other every weekend.  She taught me how to defy gravity and hairspray my bangs so that they reached sky high!  When her family moved to Cowtown, I distinctly remember not going out to the driveway to say good bye to her as they prepared to drive across Canada to their new home.  (She never lets me forget it either.)  I got over it quickly and that same week wrote my first letter to Tasneem.  We used to write lengthy letters back and forth filled with colourful drawings, stickers and juicy stories filled with pre-teen and later teenage tales.  Oh, the drama!
Tasneem and I before she left the 416 for the 403.  
I am pretty sure we have matching white clips in our hair in the shape of butterflies.

My brothers are also lovers of the snail mail!  Aneez, Karim and I are all avid Postcrossers.  We send postcards to strangers all over the world and get many back in return.  Aneez and Vanessa love to travel and never ever forget to send us postcards from wherever they are.

I recently got a treat in the mail from Aneez.  He loves treasure diving in British charity shops.  Lucky for me, he found a Bjork CD with 9 of his favorite songs. He told me to pay special attention to Track 6 - All is Full of Love.   I'm officially adding it to my list of favorite songs.



Here are the lyrics.
All is Full of Love - Bjork
(Written by Bjork)

You'll be given love
You'll be taken care of
You'll be given love
You have to trust it

Maybe not from the sources
You have poured yours
Maybe not from the directions
You are staring at

Trust your head around
It's all around you
All is full of love
All around you

All is full of love
You just ain't receiving
All is full of love
Your phone is off the hook
All is full of love
Your doors are all shut
All is full of love!

All is full of love
All is full of love
All is full of love
All is full of love
All is full of love

Seasons Greetings to you and yours.
May your day be full of love - today and always.

2 comments:

bklyn76 said...

snail mail is the best, isn't it? have a wonderful time with your family, faiza!

Karim Kanji said...

Gotta get back to Postcrossing. It's cool to receive cards from various places around the world. Enjoy your lovely day bhen!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!