Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

You Got the Love

This post is my love letter to three incredible women who have overwhelmed me with love, kindness, respect and kinship in 2009.  Munira, Sheba and Suzie - I love you.

Munira and I - Back in the day when our friendship was blossoming.

The Ramnarine Family - Emil, Indio and Sheba. Lucky me got to take this gorgeous picture!

Suzie Cohen and her smile - We've officially been friends for half our lives!

I'm not one to get down too often.  My glass is always half full.  That being said, sometimes even I need a pick me up, a cheering squad and a high five.  Whether it be an early morning or late night phone call, a text message, a chat on BBM, a game of Scrabble, a late night Dollarama run, a string of emails, looking over our shoulders for Phil Booth, chats over kappa maki or snail mail surprises - I have felt the power of tremendous friendship through countless expressions, actions and words from this trio.

Earlier this year, I visited my brother Aneez in Basingstoke, England.  On our way to Stonehenge he introduced me to the song "You Got the Love" by Florence and the Machine.  When I hear it, it's a love letter set to music and I feel the energy that love can produce.

Munira, Sheba and Suzie - I could never express in words what it is like to be on the receiving end of your love - all I know is that I am grateful for it and I am better because of it.  I'll let this song attempt to express it for me.  Listen to it if you can. (It's the first song you hear on their website.)

You Got the Love - Florence and the Machine
(Written by TrueLove/Stevens/Harris)

Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air
I know I can count on you
Sometimes I feel like saying, "Lord, I just don't care."
But you've got the love I need to see me through

Sometimes it seems that the going is just too rough
And things go wrong no matter what I do
Now and then it seems that life is just too much
But you've got the love I need to see me through

When food is gone, you are my daily meal
When friend's are gone - I know my saviour's love is real
Your love is real

You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love

Time after time I think "Oh Lord, what's the use?"
Time after time I think, it's just no good
Sooner or later in life, the things you love you lose
But you've got the love I need to see me through

You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love

Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air
I know I can count on you
Sometimes I feel like saying, "Lord, I just don't care."
But you've got the love I need to see me through

You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love
You got the love

Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you.

2 comments:

Karim Kanji said...

Nice indie sounding pop song!

bklyn76 said...

xo

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!