Recent Posts

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Old School - February 4, 2010

Ten things I am grateful for today:

1. Began my day sending off some snail mail.  Can't wait for dear ones to get their mail!

2. The half an hour this morning somewhere between 9 and 10am when the sun was shining so brightly through my office window and onto the back of my neck that I think I got my first February sunburn...
 
                                              via NutrionInk

3. Five minutes to go on the elliptical and I was ready to call it quits when Jann Arden's "You are Everything" blared through my iPod and gave me a second wind.  Yes I like to work out to sappy love songs.

4. 20 minutes in the steam room.  Bliss. 

5. My naturopath Dr. Mubina Jiwa and her awesome advice, encouragement and guidance throughout the day today.

6. Shooting the breeze with my Mom.

7. Getting a mango smoothie recipe from Krista.  How did I get so lucky?

8. Impromptu dinner down the hall with my neighbour Diana.  I always leave knowing I am loved.

9. Treating myself to Toronto Symphony Orchestra tickets.

10. Going to bed with Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes....

Sweet dreams everyone.

9 comments:

KOS! (Keep On S'myelin!) said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Sweet dreams!

bklyn76 said...

what a fantastic list! made me remember all the *good things* as i finish up this blah week. sleep well, my friend.

rachel awes said...

i just love what you love!!! & that image is GORGEOUS. grateful for YOU. xo

Faiza said...

@kos - hope you had sweet dreams too

@bklyn76 - love you!

@rachel awes - wait for today's list...something sublime will be on there ;)

Sylvie said...

What a great list! I normally listen to hard-rock-ish stuff when I workout, but I have this absolute weakness for running to John Mayer's "Why Georgia", so I totally understand you. And if you'd like to share the mango smoothie recipe, I would love to have it too! :-)

Faiza said...

@ Sylvie - Here you go!

Put 1 fresh cut mango, 1 cup of frozen red grapes, and I can of light coconut milk in a blender and blend. Feel free to adjust the quantity to desired taste and consistency

I can't have red grapes at the moment, so I am using frozen strawberries instead. Yum!

Faiza said...

@Sylvie - I have the John Mayer workout weakness too...Try Jamie Cullum next time you are breaking a sweat.

Terence Golgatha said...

love that picture. it's BOOTyfull!

Faiza said...

@tg - you are beautiful!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!