Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Can't Escape the Mullet

First, a quick note to my Canadian friends.  Thank you all for trying to soothe me with references to Ringolos.  Ringolos are BBQ in flavour, and although they are quite scrumptious, they compare not to the mighty Hula Hoop.  Now, Hula Hoops do come in various flavours like BBQ Beef, Cheese and Onion and Salt and Vingear but it is the Original flavoured pack in its beautiful red coat that makes me so happy. It's a Ringolo dressed down, beautiful and suicidal when near me... 

Covered a lot of ground on Tuesday!  I took the train from Basingstoke into London and met my cousin Shireen there.  We hopped on the tube and went to Baker Street for some sushi at Nambu-Tei with my other cousin Faizal.  (I have 16 cousins on my Mom's side and 14 on my Dad's side.  This doesn't include their spouses and kids. So if you think I write about my cousins a lot, you are correct!)  While perusing the sushi menu, I saw this! I can't seem to escape mullets in London...
We ordered some Futo Maki which apparently was created for the giants that live amongst Londoners.  The table sort of went silent when these came out of the kitchen.

(Picture is 100% to scale!)

After a yummy lunch, it started raining and it hasn't stopped yet.  Despite the water falling from the sky, I hopped on a double decker bus and managed to get some shopping done in Oxford Circus. I also had a most delicious lemonade with ANOTHER cousin - the lovely Jamila and finally had a leisurely dinner with Shireen before taking a bus, the tube and a train back to Croydon where her mom picked us up and drove us home. My feet were so happy to be indoors and dry!

Jamila asked me how my trip was going to which I replied, "Everyday with Aneez and Vanessa is like living in a big hug!"  And so goes my vacation...

4 comments:

uglygirl said...

A big hug! What a lovely simile.

bklyn76 said...

uh, ringolos come in plain too...you just have to look for them!

sounds like you're having a blast...but i still can't wait until you're back!

Faiza said...

@uglygirl - :) they are a lovely pair!

@bklyn76 - will see you soon!

Zoë said...

I am SO dreading the packing part, but I'll be very excited when we are there and hopefully not moving for at least 2 years.

MMM sushi.But that is really huge.

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!