Recent Posts

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snail Mail Tale - Kristin

Kristin and I used to work together at the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.  She is special to me in so many ways.  Kristin is one of the kindest, funniest, most intelligent and most organized people I know.  She is a great friend, a wonderful listener and she indulges my undercover Josh Groban fandom. One of her greatest talents beyond being a loyal friend, a loving mom, a kind wife (right Calbean?), only sister and favorite daughter is her penmanship.  I am fascinated by people's handwriting.  When writing, Kristin can switch between several of her very own fonts.  It's quite fascinating!  At work, I would recruit Kristin for these skills whether it be to create posters for volunteer parties, personalized holiday stockings or ornaments for the rest of our co-workers.  Today, this was waiting for me in my mailbox:
 
Inside, along with a beautiful picture of her family, were Kristin's custom made Postcrossing cards.  I've converted another person!  How fun would it be to get one of these in the mail?

I've been to four of these places so far. Thank you Nibs for making me and my mailbox happy today!

11 comments:

Nahl said...

I just found your blog! Looking forward to reading more.
x

Megan said...

Love the postcard. You are lucky to have such an amazing friend, and I am sure she is very lucky to have you too.

Faiza said...

@Nahl - Great to hear from you again. I still haven't read "Kartography" yet but have it on my list of books to read.

@Megan - How did I get so lucky? :)

Meghan said...

Oh, I just love handwriting too! It makes me happy - it's the little things, I guess.

And do you know how hard it is to NOT scroll down to your previous post??? I cannot believe I am exercising such self-control! You are too cute, missy! Hope your weekend is fantastic!

Krin said...

You are the cutest!!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the card, and postcards too! :)

I'm SUPER fortunate to have you in my life too, Faizarama. And I'll listen to Joshy with you any day...

You made my day. xoxo

Faiza said...

@Meghan - Way to go on the self-control! Enjoy Spring Break! :)

@Krin - I actually check Joshy's website regularly looking for concert dates and waiting for the day that we can go hear him live!

Krin said...

Ooh, I look forward to that day Faiza!

Well, that and the day he agrees to sing me to sleep every night, like I've always wanted.

Faiza said...

@Krin - "you raise me up..."

Faiza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TR!LO said...

Cool! Your friend might like the DODO PAD, which is a calender that is meant for doodling! There is lots of space left to scribble away and make funny drawings. I had one in 2006 and it 's completely full with my drawings, it ended up as a work of art!
Go check it out!

http://www.dodopad.com/acatalog/Diaries_Calendars__.html

XXX Eva

Faiza said...

@Eva - Thanks for the DODO PAD recommendation!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!