Recent Posts

Friday, March 12, 2010

Snail Mail Tale - Outgoing

Had to get some things mailed out this week and decided to try my hand at making envelopes.   Sheba had shown me how she took a Rainbow Brite picture book and made beautiful bright envelopes.  The two of us went to our local Dollarama where I found a Strawberry Shortcake book.  I actually have some of the original scented dolls from the 80s.  My Farida Aunty used to buy them for me one at a time.

Here's what I was able to do with my book.

I dropped the letters off at the post office by work.  The two ladies working there told me how the Peculiar Purple Pie Man used to scare them when they were kids.  I have his doll.  He's still kinda creepy...


I had to send something baseball related to Riaz so I printed the sheet music to "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" and created an envelope out of that.

                                        
Also found a Care Bears Easter book and was able to create these envelopes for my cousins Fatima and Farah.

                  
Happy snail mailing!

14 comments:

Lisa said...

These envelopes are great!

Just wanted to let you know Mr. Withers arrived from the library, and I do know that song! Lovely Day, Lovely Day, Lovely Day, LOVE-LY DAY!

Can you e-mail me your mailing address, Faiza? I would like to snail mail you :). You can e-mail me at doughnutdreams@yahoo.com

A lovely weekend to you! Lisa

rachel awes said...

i am continually in love with your envelopes! faiza, they are heart wrappers for sure! (& what a lovely memory of the scented dolls!) xoxox

Megan said...

Gorgeous envelopes, love the strawberry shortcakes!

Faiza said...

@Lisa - Will send you an email. Isn't that such a perfect song? I smile tall whenever I hear it!

@rachel - heart wrappers. i like that.

@Megan - Do you have Strawberry Shortcake in Australia?

tez said...

I love how you put so much care and creativity in what you do. :) x

Faiza said...

@tez - thanks my friend. missing you.

Meghan said...

I love the Care Bears!

I think I need a tutorial in how to make these amazing envelopes!

Faiza said...

@Meghan - Cheer Bear is my favorite!
Here's the link I used to learn how to make the envelopes.

Zoë said...

Handmade envelopes are so much fun, I recently have been getting hooked on them, and those are adorable.

A new subscriber,
-Zoe :)

Faiza said...

@welcome zoe!

Felicity said...

What a great idea! The Strawberry Shortcake and Carebears are so fun and Spring-like.

Faiza said...

@Felicity - Thanks so much! Hope to see some of your drawings soon.

Doublesided said...

What superb envelopes - I must try some myself! You've inspired me!

Faiza said...

@Doublesided - If your envelopes are even a tenth as beautiful as your inchies they will be so stunning!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!