Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bountiful Birthday!


Yesterday, I had a birthday that I will never forget! 

I'm overflowing with gratitude!

My morning began way too early (even for me) with the opening of a gift from my brother Aneez. He created a puzzle out of our favorite screen shot from my favorite movie of all-time Purple Rain.  We used to watch this movie and think that this shot would look so cool on a t-shirt.  And now it has been made into a one of a kind puzzle for moi!

Here's my progress so far...


I received a quick phone call from my Tez in New Zealand who wrote me this hilarious and wonderful birthday poem entitled "Oh Yay!  Hooray!  Today is my Faiza's Birthday!"

Throughout the day, I received so many phone calls, texts and messages from many friends and family.  Armed with a gorgeous sense of love and light (and some Hula Hoops that Aneez had also sent) I made my way to my local Swiss Chalet for a quick bite to eat with Munira and Saira.  The three of us had tasty Chicken Chopped Salads and then made our way to the Dome to watch the Jays play host to the Boston Red Sox.  We got there and were greeted by the lovely Farah Meghji Habib who had baked some scrumptious birthday treats!  Thank you so much Farah!


There were 18 of us in total (out of the 14000+ in attendance) watching this marathon of a game and engaged in two simultaneous games of Mound or Ground.  There were a few winners throughout the game but the top prize of $16 in quarters went to Kimberly!  Here we have some of the other ecstatic winners!
Sheba, Emil and Shafik with stars in their eyes!  Where or where will they spend all that money?

Shafik would have won big (ie. $3) but it was not his turn to hold the kitty.
Naheed and Joel dream of ways to spend all 12 quarters!

This was the LONGEST Jays game I've ever been too!  After four hours of back and forth scoring, the Jays lost 13-12 to the Red Sox in the first of this three game series at home. But that was not as sad as this unfortunate photo of the day:

                           
What's up with the awkwardly manicured facial hair?

Thanks to Deanna, Alanna and photographer Raquel for celebrating with me!

The lovely Shafik and me.

(From L-R- Emil, motabhai extraordinaire Karim, Naheed, Riaz, Kushan, Sheba and Naaz.)
We stuck it out to the end!

Another year of blessings and life has gone by for which I am immensely thankful. 
I'm so looking forward to a year of love, light, laughter and joy ahead.

Thank you to my amazing family and my friends (honourable mention to those of you who sat through a baseball game just for me) for making my birthday...and everyday of my life feel like treasure!

13 comments:

uglygirl said...

Happy Birthday girlie!

Felicity said...

Happy Birthday Faiza!! That puzzle looks rad!!

Melanie Jane said...

Hey Faiza - Enjoy the puzzle - if you do want it turned into a t-shirt there is a shop on Queen West that will do any image!

rachel awes said...

happy birthday to the tremendous treasure of YOU, faiza! love the puzzle! & love all the love pouring your way! sending purple rain, singing with you, a big hug & warm sunshine your way. xox

Penpalling and Letters said...

Happy Birthday Faiza! All the best in your new year of life!!
I really love your blog and it is such a pleasure to read it! I am an assiduous reader! :)
Nice greetings from Spain!

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday Faiza! It sounds like the most perfect day! I am so happy for you!

And I don't know if I have missed past pictures of you, but OMG you are stunning!

tez said...

You deserve all of it and more, my lovely!!
x

Faiza said...

@uglygirl - thanks so much!

@Felicity - i am having so much fun with the puzzle. it's pretty difficult though...

@Melanie Jane - I may have to check out that shop!

@rachel awes - your birthday wish was like an ocean of hugs!

@Penpalling and Letters - gracias!

@Meghan - thanks so much. i'e been sending you positive 1/2 marathon vibes...hope you can feel them!

@tez - MWAH!

Danielle said...

Looks like you had a great day!

Danielle
(DanielleJess Swap-Bot)
xxxx

Kimminita said...

Oh Happy happy Birthday! May all your wishes come true!

Fi said...

Im a bit to late but ... happy birthday to you!
May all your wishes be granted this year :)

fii from swapbot and Im a follower of your blog now.

Faiza said...

@Danielle - Welcome! Congrats on starting your own blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

@Kimminita - Hello friend!

@Fi - Welcome! I'm following you too and enjoying your blog so far.

KOS! (Keep On S'myelin!) said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds (and looks) like a fantabulous day!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!