Recent Posts

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Snail Mail Tales - Home Again!

I'm back from an outstanding vacation and my mailbox was a happy one while I was away.  Here are the treats that awaited me when I FINALLY checked the mail...can't believe I left it to today!  I'm overwhelmed with the treats and fun that greeted me this beautiful Sunday morning.

From my cousin Fatima.  A postcard of my favorite animal.  She is so lucky to live so close to these amazing creatures!

From Lisa

The theme of Lisa's mail was that my blog is based on my second favorite song Lovely Day by Bill Withers.  Lisa made me a custom magnet of my FAVORITE song Diamonds and Pearls by Prince.  Loving this one of a kind magnet!
 
I love this 3D card from Lisa and the beautiful note she wrote inside.  She also included a mix CD (one of my most favorite things to receive EVER along with book recommendations!)

The CD is called UP with Music.  Here's the track listing:
9000 Days - Overtone with Yollandi Nortjie
Low Rising - The Swell Season
The Climb - Miley Cyrus
High - Lighthouse Family
Levon - Elton John
Uptown Girl - Michael Cavanaugh
Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble
Jump (For My Love) - The Pointer Sisters
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
River Deep, Mountain High - Tina Turner
A Shot in the Arm - Wilco
Elevation - U2
The Heart of Life - John Mayer
Leaving on a Jet Plane/Sunday Morning - Michael Stipe and Friends
Defying Gravity - Glee Cast
Glitter in the Air - Pink
I Love to Laugh - Dick Van Dyke

I've never met Lisa.   I love that she read the title of my blog months ago, went to the library and put a hold on a Bill Withers record just so she could hear the song.  An inquisitive girl who goes to the library is a girl after my own heart! Thank you for your kindness Lisa!

From Zoe
I heart my fellow Canadian Zoe.  She is so sweet and generous.  Inside this great envelope was a cute letter and some great gifts. Thank you, thank you thank you Zoe for the almond oil and Vitamin A hydrating face mask, beautiful butterfly stickers, Grape Fanta Lip Smacker (wow!!!) and gorgeous lady bug magnet!  

From my Tez
A custom postcard.  I love quotes and this is a favorite of mine.  Am missing my Tez a lot these days. We've been snail mailing regularly for the past 6 1/2 years. That is when she broke my heart and moved to New Zealand.  (I like to remind her of that as often as I can.)  Love you Tez!
Tez also included this magnet which makes it THREE magnets in one mail run!  Could it be a happy coincidence or genius at work from three terrific women in three different countries?

13 comments:

uglygirl said...

I love Diamonds and Pearls too! I had that album on cassette tape.

Zoë said...

That is random you got so many magnets, I'm glad you enjoyed the letter/little surprises as a thank you for the lovely post-cards. I can't believe you didn't run to your mail box first thing, that's what I'll be doing the second I arrive in Alberta. Welcome back to Canada by the way :)

rachel awes said...

welcome home faiza! i love that you share your precious mail here! i love giraffes too! & have always loved prince (from minnesota here!)! another thing in minnesota right now is tight buds blooming on trees that will soon be leaves & flowers. i also send you bloom promises, like soft lights, lining your mailbox, with love!
(you are just SO dear!!). xoxox

Meghan said...

That mix CD sounds incredible! So many of my faves are on it!

Felicity said...

What a great bunch of goodies and some great blogs too!

Faiza said...

@uglygirl - i had the cassette tape too! i had to keep taking it out, rewinding it and putting it back in to be able to listen to it on repeat!

@zoe - i was so excited to see my family that i completely forgot about my mail! safe travels back to wolfville.

@rachel - so much great music out of minn. prince, morris day and the time etc...love it! am up early (jetlag) and enjoying the peacefulness of the morning. wishing you peace today.

@meghan - have you done a top five of the best mixed tapes/cds you ever received?

@felicity - how was your mom's show? happy day!

Felicity said...

Faiza- It was great! She actually had two openings on the same night. ; )

Faiza said...

@Felicity - That is so great! I love the post you did about her!

Felicity said...

Oh, thank you Faiza! You are so sweet!

Zoë said...

@Faiza- fair enough, family is super-important, I just get pretty excited about my mail these days :) And it's basically the closest thing to family I'll have waiting for me in Alberta since I don't know anyone there haha.

Faiza said...

@Zoe - I hope your family will spoil you and your mailbox when you move. Even better, I hope they will spoil you with visits!

Zoë said...

I GOT YOUR LETTER TODAY. It is wonderful and I will work on getting you a reply in the near future. I am so excited to finally have an awesome Canadian penpal :D

Tima said...

Glad you like the postcard.

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!