Recent Posts

Thursday, April 29, 2010

"So bright it makes you colourblind"

I've spent the last three nights working on my birthday puzzle.   It's finally done and I plan to go to bed early tonight to catch up on my sleep.

Here's how it all went down...


Late Monday night.  
After a four hour baseball game and tons of fun with friends, I sat down to start the puzzle.  
My plan of attack was to work from the outside in. 


Tuesday night.  
Up until 4am.  
Started piecing together the Detroit Tigers hat and kept it going from there.


Wednesday night.  
I was actually sweating last night.  
Got this far and collapsed into bed at 3am. 


Thursday afternoon at 6:30pm!  
Oh joy! 

I complain about the lack of sleep but I absolutely loved putting this puzzle together while listening to Prince on repeat. Thank you Aneez!

"There will come a time/ When love will blow your mind/And everything you'll look for you'll find
That will be the time/ That everything will shine/ So bright it makes you colorblind" 
(Diamonds and Pearls, Prince)

9 comments:

Felicity said...

That's so cool and I love the quote! It's so "feel good!" : )

The After Craft said...

Hilarious, I A) love the face that you are doing a puzzle and B)Listening to Prince on repeat!!

Rock on sista.

The After Craft said...

*face=fact

tez said...

Love your dedication to the birthday puzzle!

Meghan said...

I love the puzzle! What a fun idea:)

Sylvie said...

Specially-made gifts are the best! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday - I hope the year ahead of you is just as fabulous! :-)

Faiza said...

@Felicity - This song gives me goosebumps EVERY time I listen to it (which is almost every day!)

@The After Craft - I think this may be the beginning of a puzzle additcion!

@tez - love you! watching Glee without you...just so you know, it's not the same as watching it with you...

@Meghan - so much fun!

@Sylvie - Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a terrific day!

@

Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Faiza! Sounds like you are very blessed, admired, and loved!

Faiza said...

@Lisa - Thanks Lisa! So nice to hear from you again!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!