Recent Posts

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Weekend In Pictures

Counting my lucky stars as I look back at a blessed weekend.

Friday night
- Fighting off jetlag and trying to stay awake with May's bookclub pick...
Saturday
- Trying to silkscreen at home with Shafik using this kit...

- After one false start, a trip into Chinatown for new parts, a detour for jewelry findings and a brisk walk through some flurries and sleet, we still seemed to be doing something wrong (this is our test fabric.)  Anyone know why the image is uneven and spongy looking?


- From the 416 to the 905 for a lunch with our Toronto, British and Ottawa family members.  I turned Kahzmir and Aidan into tigers in exchange for them scribbling all over my face. Growl!!!

- Unwinded with Meryl Streep in...
 

Sunday
- Kicked off National Volunteer Week getting up early for the MS Walk in Pickering to support Paula.  A gorgeous 5K walk in the sunshine!  To everyone who volunteers to make their community a better place - THANK YOU!


- Lunch with Sheba, Emil and Indio at Toronto landmark The Lakeview (better known as The Lakeview Lunch.)  Check out Emil's 30 Minute Outdoor Workout for Beginners.  It's a great way to soak up the sun and give your body a gift!

- Sunday evening swap at Krista's house.
The rules were for all of us to bring things from home that we weren't using anymore.  We all got the chance to take things from everyone else.  Anything left behind will be donated to shelters and programs in the community.  Thank you Krista for bringing us all together!  Everyone walked away with great finds. Here are a few of mine:
-bicycle knick knack for Aneez
- wooden Melissa&Doug puzzle for Indio 
(It used to belong to Kahzmir and was one of the things Minaz brought to the swap.)
- beautiful necklace with turquoise and crystal beading
- more books for moi!

13 comments:

Kimminita said...

And all that in 1 weekend? My goodness, you sure know how to use your time!

Felicity said...

OMG, I just got supplies for fabric stenciling this week! I can't wait to see more of your silk screening!! Great minds think alike!! : D

Meghan said...

What a busy weekend! I am impressed!

rachel awes said...

sounds like a rich weekend. the posting reminds me of a live gratitude journal. & that necklace will be gorrrrgeous on you (what wouldn't?). :)
lol. xox

Faiza said...

@Kimminita - thanks! i feel so thankful to have had the chance to spend time with so many people i love!

@Felicity - let me know how it goes for you...i am going to try again this week.

@Meghan - Didn't feel busy - felt more like FUN!

@rachel awes - happy week to you friend!

bklyn76 said...

you picked up more books? how rare! ;)

i'm so glad so much of my weekend was filled with you!

KOS! (Keep On S'myelin!) said...

Thank you so much for being a part of my weekend and for the continued support! xo

MInaz said...

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle... what a great, fun way to start Earth Week! Thanks Faiza and Krista for inviting us to the swap!

Faiza said...

@bklyn76 - don't mock my book addiction! i am glad i got to spend time with all the ramnarines. loved our 5K chat!

@KOS - you did a great job yesterday! i hope you have your feet up today and are resting. you deserve it!

@Minaz - Thanks for reminding us abotu Earth Week! Happy Earth Week to you too!

Anonymous said...

Aneez > that bike is awesome! I'm also liking the tshirt - I think it looks fab!

Faiza said...

@aneez - as soon as flights are allowed back to the uk, the bike will pedal its way over to you! will try to make a t-shirt for you too!

scraphappy55 said...

Hi, I am scraphappy55 form swap bot I am following your blog my blog is JUST SCRAPIN'. Love your photos at the ball park everyone had a good time. Good luck with your silk screening to much work for me LOL

Faiza said...

@scraphappy55 - welcome! loved your ten things about me post!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!