Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Be as persistent as the sun..."

I'm not sure where I read the quote above.  It's not mine but I breathe it in and out almost every morning.

Felicity gave me the Sunshine Award. 
Thank you so much friend!
You are a source of light to me through your art
and funny musings about the things you see around you every day.

So apparently this is what you do with a Sunshine Award:
1. Put the beautiful logo on your blog with a post.
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and the link to the person from whom you received this award.

So I pass this award on to:
(She is my HILARIOUS cousin currently working in Kabul, Afghainstan. Alida just started blogging again and I want to encourage her to keep it up!)
(Her haiku filled blog is called cerebral excrement and it's one of the lightest places I go to each day! Ha!)
(Her art, her words and her soul are perfection to me.  I'm pretty sure if I ever met her in person, she would probably give the best hugs.)
(Sylvie writes with an honesty that I truly appreciate.  She's a work in progress, like us all, and she isn't afraid to admit it.)
(The only way I can explain her is that she looks like sunshine to me.  It radiates from within.)
(I just started reading her blog yesterday, have something in the mail to her today and am already giving her this award.  I think she is great!)
(His blog 100 Awesome Things and his book of the same name are amazing!  Alida gave me this book for my birthday.  I am keeping it in the bathroom and love hearing giggles that come out of there when my guests are in the loo...)

And now I get to tell you about the rest of the sunshine that graced my mailbox in April.  This post entitled "The volcano effect in Postcrossing" was fascinating to me. Did any of you have any snail mail mishaps due to the volcano whose name is unpronounceable?
INCOMING


Letter and a gorgeous magnet from Zoe.  I love having her as a Canadian pen pal.  She wrapped her letter (which by the way was on colour-your-own stationary) in this Disney Princess Jasmine envelope.  Where DOES Jasmine get her eyebrows done?



















Charlotte's Web by E.B.White - A story from my childhood that has stayed with me.  This was my 10th mooch from http://www.bookmoch.com/


















A birthday card in German from my Suzie.  She says that she and I are the two cats on the front.  She's the one with the heart collar...since she occupies some prime real estate in mine.  I have a sudden heartache to sit down and chat with her over a game of cards...



















Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill.  Mooch #11.

 Swap-bot postcard with an imaginary places theme.















Swap-bot postcard with an Ad/Free theme. This card was from Ikea.



















Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger.  Mooch #12 .  I need a little chick lit now and then.

OUTGOING

















Micaela blogged about sending snail mail to Summer's Dad who is living with cancer.  I sent him a postcard that I picked up while in London.  If you want to send some love to a stranger, please consider sending him some mail.  He loves Zero chocolate. Anyone know where I can find some in downtown Toronto?















While throwing out the recycling one day, I found two books that were being thown away.  They were two books on classification. One was on butterflies and the other was on shells.  I saved the books to use their beautiful pages to make envelopes.  Here is one being used to house snail mail for my niece Rehaana in London.  She's one of the coolest folks I know. 
















Some treats for Lisa who sent me a package full of kindness early in April.  What a lovely surprise it was for me.























Sheba lent me this book.  I read it and didn't love love love it so I decided to give it away to a fellow bookmoocher.   Sheba - you now get to use one of my mooches.  :)

18 comments:

Melanie Jane said...

I am honoured and it could not have come at a better moment for me.. as I wipe the tears away :) thanks Faiza -- i will do my best to pass it along!

Marz said...

Thank you SOOO much for the sunshine award love!!! That is SOOO sweet!!! And I totally stalked you last night - I couldn't stop reading your old posts :) I stayed up late because I couldn't get enough and I loved learning about you :) You are very beautiful Faiza!! We are going to have a wonderful friendship

Sylvie Roy said...

Oh Faiza - thank you so much, this made my day! The past few days have been a little rough, and this just warmed my heart. I'll pass this along next week when I'm back up and running after my crazy, crazy move!

rachel awes said...

my dear friend faiza,
thank you so much for including me
in such sunshine
& for your kind words..
i am so grateful
to share in the
same sunshine
as you
& though living far away,
connected by light.
lovelovelove to you.x

Melanie Jane said...

Right back at you -- nominated you too!

bklyn76 said...

faiza, you are the most sunshiney person i know so how perfect that you were gifted this award!

um, those butterfly envies are beee-yooo-teee-FULL!

Meghan said...

You are totally a ray of sunshine! Congrats on a well-deserving award!

Megan said...

Faiza you absolutely cracked me up when you asked where Jasmine gets her eyebrows done haha!
You received some lovely mail, i especially like the German birthday card.
Thankyou so much for the receipe you gave me I think it will be the first thing I try when i start cooking my "new" foods.

Faiza said...

Wishing you all sunshine and light (and beautifully shaped eyebrows) today and always...

Lynn Aquaheart said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I am following you! I found you through the swap bot I want more Blogger followers swap. I am sorry it took me so long but I was confused and missed some of the people I was supposed to follow at first! I am glad I finally found your blog, it is very interesting!

Faiza said...

@Lynn Aquaheart - It's lovely to meet you! Like your banana art!

Vicky said...

The mail from Zoe is super nice! My postcards to postcrossing are seriously delayed. It's been a month and seem that no one has receive any postcard from me. You are so nice to send the summer daddy a postcard! I am going to write to him too! Cheers, Vicky

Felicity said...

You're welcome my dear! Your positive and fun vibe totally comes through in all of your posts! : )

Faiza said...

@Vicky - Thanks so much for sending something to Summer's dad. That is so generous and kind of you!

Zoë said...

Those classification envelopes are gorgeous! it's hard to believe people throw stuff like that out. Thanks for the layout compliment, obviously I didn't make it but I think I finally found one I'm happy with- my lack of html is a little frustrating sometimes. I'm a third the way through the Kite Runner and I absolutely love it so far, I'm just hoping to finish it before I leave Montreal since it's a borrowed copy.

Faiza said...

@Zoe - The new layout is wonderful and if you want to change it down the road, it's your prerogative! :) Check out The Kite Runner film after you've read the book. I think it was done well...

Micaela said...

can i just THANK YOU!?!? for two main things *and then of course the main one-- being WONDERFUL!* :

My twinkie was SOOO VERY EXCITED to be tagged by you :) she told me she just loved you! & two; THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for writing summer's dad. It made me cry reading her post and it's such a wonderful thing to do. YOU are sunshine!!!!

i'm loving the good use of a book you were just going to throw out-- what beautiful envelopes! x

Faiza said...

@micaela - thank you. you and your sis and your long distance love remind me of my brother karim and i and how we feel with our other brother aneez so far away.

i tried to put myself in summer's shoes and my heart just broke. i have been on the hunt for zero chocolate bars ever since. have yet to find a single one but i'm not giving up!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!