Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Recommending - Laga Handbags

It's finally here!  I bought myself a birthday present back in April and it arrived today.   I discovered Laga Handbags for myself (along with millions of others) on an Oprah show.  Malaak Compton Rock, activist, author, mother, philanthropist, co-founder of StyleWorks and The Angel Rock Project and wife of comedian Chris Rock showcased these bags on a segment called "Companies that Give Back."

This is the Uang handmade wallet that I bought for myself in burgundy with cream thread.  It's lovely!
Laga products are all handmade by women who survived the Indonesian tsunami.  Read the story about a little piece of light that came out of this dark time in recent Indonesian history here.

7 comments:

Megan said...

That is such a nice wallet, I love the colour.

Felicity said...

That's beautiful and what a fantastic cause to support.

rachel awes said...

how beautiful in every way (like YOU!!).xo

Claire Kiefer said...

Whoa, that's amazing! I'm definitely going to check them out. Wonderful!

Melanie Jane said...

love it!

BagMan said...

thank you Faiza for recommending our Laga products. It has been a real adventure and journey, and we are so blessed and grateful that we are able to make a small difference in people's lives that have been devastated. Best wishes from Irvine, CA, Laga USA headquarters.

Faiza said...

@Megan - The quality is excellent as well!

@Felicity - I love to support companies that give back or have a corporate social reponsibility mission in their work.

@rachel awes - Thank you. You are wonderful for me.

@Melanie Jane - Come up to the 5th floor to see it for yourself (and visit me!)

@BagMan - Thank YOU! I wish there were more people like you in this world! (And more companies with excellent customer service like yours.) Do you have any reps in Toronto, Canada?

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!