Recent Posts

Monday, May 10, 2010

Snail Mail Tale - Elissa


I officially received a bloated package from Elissa at Cerebral Excrement in the last week of April.  Elissa has a gift for haiku and makes me laugh all the time. 

Here's an example of one her haiku from last week.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Elissa says, " Isn't it funny when people are embarrassed/proud of their farting?"
My flatulent friend
I would not have known your crime
Had you not confessed

Follow her for 17 daily syllables of fun!  Anywho, I entered a giveaway on her blog and won!  (Actually, she was so kind that she made every contestant a winner)   As a winner, a lovely package of goodies was sent my way all the way from Australia.  I was trying to exercise self control and pace out my snail mail treats so I waited until the first weekend in May to open it up and here's what I found...

It began with a listing of what was inside the package. I love her handwriting.
Inside was a tiny matchbox with this bright and beautiful paper and a letter "f" for me!
Inside the matchbox was a beautiful pair of earrings!
Next was this paper bag that said "Je t'aime" in bright yellow letters under a pretty blue bow.
Inside the bag were these koala themed sweets all the way from Australia and a little koala bear catcher too! The Caramello Koala was delish!
It didn't stop there!  Next was this package wrapped in graph paper. It reminded me of how I used to do poorly in math but soared at Battleship!
Inside was this fun mushroom stamp! I love the randomness of it all.
WAIT! There is still more!
Wrapped within this colourful snail mail inspired wrapping paper was...
A beautiful birdcage!

Poetress 'Lissa -
Your gifts and haiku give me
happiness giggles!

8 comments:

Felicity said...

What happy treats!! I love the wrapping papers!!

bklyn76 said...

lucky girl!

Creations by Tee said...

I love to receive surprises in the mail!
You got a nice package.

uglygirl said...

Aw, shucks! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the haiku!

Faiza said...

@Felicity - I love how each thing was so uniquely wrapped!

@bklyn76 - the luckiest!

@Creations by Tee - snail mail rocks!

@uglygirl - your farting haiku made it onto twitter this morning...

Claire Kiefer said...

Just found your blog via Marianne's blog, Royal Mail . . . it's so cute! Glad to have found you. :)

Meghan said...

Congrats on your win!!! What an awesome and thoughtful giveaway.

And speaking of thoughtful - WOW lady. I just received your care package! Faiza, you might be one of the sweetest people I know, and we've never even met. You have no idea how surprised and excited I was to see that I had a package from you. You truly made my day, my week, my month! The world is a better place because of people like YOU! Thank you SO much!

Faiza said...

@Claire - Welcome! It is so nice to meet you!

@Meghan - You make me laugh every Thursday and your energy is GORGEOUS. You were so deserving of that package and I am so proud of you for completing the half this weekend!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!