Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Swap-aholic

From the comments on my last post, it sounds like a lot of you are intrigued and excited by snail mail.  One of the things I love to particpate in are swaps.  It's a lot of fun to come up with creative, meaningful, colourful and fun packages for your swap partner.  Most times this is an absolute stranger.   If you are a dollarstore addict like me, there is so much you can buy, cut-up, repurpose and use for a swap that doesn't make it an expensive hobby.
So why not get in on the fun?  I thought I would quickly share with you three swaps that I am taking part in.  Please, please, please feel free to join in the fun.

1. Passion's New Friend Swap
Head on over to Passion's blog to check out the details for this swap.  Along the way, you might even make a new people and new friend.  Last day to sign up is May 26, 2010. 


2.  Cute/Funky Socks Swap. 
In this Swap-bot swap, you will send two pairs of socks to your partner.  This is an International swap so your partner could be anywhere in the world or right next door.  If you are new to Swap-bot you can join this swap without any previous ratings. Remember to sign up by May 23, 2010.  Can't wait to see what pretty things my partner sends me for my feets!

Sign up for this swap by May 31, 2010.  Tillie will send you a quick questionnaire to complete.  Your partner will get your answers and will use them to learn a little but about you and send you three of their favorite things. 


I hope you'll join in on the snail mail joy and join one of these swaps or send something fun to someone you love.  High five to Micaela for letting me know about Passion and Tillie's swaps.

9 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Thanks so much for this post--I love it! I have joined Tillie's Simply Delightful package swap and am very excited about it . . . just did my first swap recently (a mix cd swap) and loved it! :)

The After Craft said...

Oh I'm holding off on swaps until my "to-do" list is finished. I promised myself.. I've got a few done these days off.. .. so close.. must resist more swapping!

Aisyah Helga said...

Hi Faiza, I'm sorry for not visiting your blog since our last swap(I want more blogger followers). You've been a great supporter of my blog and I really appreciate it. I love getting and sending snail mail,too! And I love your decorated envies! Would you like to swap handmade/decorated envies with me? I was in 2 of these swaps on swap-bot and loved making/receiving them!

Vicky said...

I just send an email to passion's new friend swap. Thanks for spreading the word! I love snail mail too!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I feel much better now. Going to go through a lot of dental surgery in the coming month.. haha. But I think everything will be fine by then. Cheers, and thanks for the hug!

Faiza said...

@Claire - I love mixed CDs! So happy to hear you joined Tillie's swap.

@The After Craft - Don't resist! Give in!

@Aisyah - I would love to swap handmade envies with you. Send me your address through swap-bot and I'll send you mine and we'll go from there.

@Vicky - Sending you another hug. Keep that one for when you are in the dentist's chair. Thanks for joining Passion's swap. So fun!

Megan said...

Oh I am such a swapaholic too! I just cant resist, i love the thought of making someones day with a little package. Hopefully one day we might be partnered together :-)

Sarah Riley said...

I'm addicted to swapping also :) but have only done them through Swap-bot. Maybe one day we will be partners!

Faiza said...

@Megan - Oh I would love to have you as a swap partner and be able to send you lovely treats! Hope you ROCK the last exam!

@Sarah Riley - Swap-bot is great!

Claire Kiefer said...

Faiza, hop to! I need some more of your lovely blog posts. :) xoxo

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!