Recent Posts

Friday, June 18, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday

Each week, Lauren at the little things we do plays Fill in the Blank Friday.  I enjoy reading her questions and answers each week but have never played.  Last week, she invited her readers to submit questions and so I gave it a shot.  This week my questions were picked!  My questions are all about school...since it's almost out for summer!

So I guess I'm gonna play!  Wanna play along with me? Feel free to fill in your own blanks on your blog and then link up on Lauren's blog.
1. The best thing about being in school was/is playing euchre for hours in my high school cafeteria.  Jeff Chan, whose birthday is a day after mine, who I've know since grade one was the best euchre partner ever.

2. The worst thing about being in school was/is high school math class.  I.just.couldn't.get.it.  Sometimes I have nightmares where large math text books are scary characters chasing me up and down the stairs of my high school auditorium.  I wake up in a cold sweat.  It's quite disturbing.

3. My favorite subject in school was/is History.  My high school had the BEST history department.  Mr. Scott was hilarious, Mr. Hendricks was passionate, Ms. Pellow taught me to think outside of my city, country and continent and Ms. Friedlander taught us to be comfortable in our skin with our own histories.

4. One subject I wish I could have mastered...please refer to question 2. 

5. I could never get tired of studying music, especially since it mostly meant rehearsing choir music over and over and over again.  Even though I was always late for choir, I loved being part of a team, using my body to make art and learning new music every year.

6. The most memorable teacher I had was Kathy Fraser (now Mrs. Fraser Collins).  She was my choir teacher in junior high and high school and she was a gift.  She got a group of youngsters together, formed a choir, taught us songs and choreography and had us audition for the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat choir.  The result?  A first job for most of us that summer singing alongside Donny Osmond as part of the Children's Choir.  I have a huge respect for anyone who chooses to be a teacher.  You are worth so much and are so important.  High fives!

7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or working for the rest of my life, I'd choose work every time. I love helping people.  I love making a difference.  I love the work that I do and the stories I hear everyday.  It's a different type of school...

5 comments:

Tima said...

Donb't know if I can remember that much from high school! lol. Question 7 though, I guess I'm doing both?

Connie said...

That was some great questions. I also give high fives for being a teacher, I don't think it's always the easiest job!

Lisa said...

Hey Faiza, I'll have to think about these questions...Wanted to stop by to tell you the pictures you chose for the Father's Day Tribute were great! Love the pose by Aneez! I think you honored the most men in a single family--not surprised by that, though ; )! I can tell you have a very BIG heart!

christy b., that's me! said...

My dear, Faiza...
I am going to send you 5 little math lessons that will change your math mind!

I was just like you...I could not stand math in high school. I had those teachers that sounded like Charlie Brown's, "wah, wah, wah...wah wah wah." (Not sure how to spell that sound...LOL.)

Anyway, I got to college and had a primo instructor...very hands on and something just happened...a light bulb went off!

My kids think I'm a "pretty good and kinda cool" teacher...so I may not turn you into Pascal, or Einstein, but I can make math fun and teach you not to "loathe" it...LOL!

:o)

Faiza said...

@Tima - You are! You are!

@Connie - Agreed!

@Lisa - Wait until you see my Father's Day post and you will see why I submitted three pictures... :)

@christy b - I promise I will do the 5 math lessons if you send them! HIGH FIVES to you teacher friend!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!