Recent Posts

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

This is the first year in my most blessed life that the three most important men to me are on different continents on Father's Day.
  • My Dad is here with me and my Mom.  (He's obviously the wisest of the trio no?)
  • Karim, my oldest brother, is in Africa for 7 weeks with my sister-in-law Minaz and their son, my adorable nephew Kahzmir.  (Happy 10th anniversary plus two days to you both!)
  • Aneez, daddy-to-be and and my sister-in-law Vanessa are in England. 

SIGH.

Amy Krouse Rosenthal, who brings her readers together with weekly missions of kindness and love, asked us all to submit pictures of the dads in our life for a F.I.L.M. (Father I Love Much) she was creating...

Happy Father's Day Dad, Karim and father-to-be Aneez - by the way I got you in the movie!  LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

10 comments:

Tima said...

That's so lovely!

Claire Kiefer said...

So sweet, and what a tribute! My dad's on my continent, but all the way across the country . . . missing him today!

Melanie Jane said...

Wonderful!

bklyn76 said...

awww, made me teary! indio's dad is in another country today, but we promised to make it up to him when he gets back. :)

christy b., that's me! said...

I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I love the "karate kid" dad at 1:30!

Lisa said...

Hi Faiza, Thought of you today--When we were out for dinner, Mr. Withers came on singing "Lovely Day"! It made me smile : )

Faiza said...

@Tima - Thanks!

@Claire - Am sure your dad was missing you too!

@Melanie Jane - Thanks! Hope your day with J and E was great!

@bklyn76 - am sure e missed you guys yesterday (kinda like he does everyday that he is away...)

@christy b - Thanks!

@Anonymous - I love him too!

@Lisa - Loved seeing your hubby and girl in the F.I.L.M and how cute that you thought of me!

JenRem said...

Your family is so cool being all over the world like that. All of the men in my life at in Michigan with me - haha.
And this video made me terry eyed.. tears of happiness tho! :)

Faiza said...

@JenRem - lucky you to have had everyone so close to you! can't wait until the day that happens for my family! thank goodness for skype and email and the phone!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!