Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Snail Mail Tale - Seahorses are fun!

To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere
without moving anything but your heart.  ~Phyllis Theroux


INCOMING:
My latest mooches through BookMooch.
Running with Scissors, Augusten Burroughs
The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing, Melissa Bank
Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures, Vincent Lam
She's Not There: A Life in Two Genders, Jennifer Finney Boylan

Sock Swap
From Amy for the Swap-bot Cute and Funky Swap.  I love Little Miss Giggles!

Bianca
A terrific letter and handmade envelope from Bianca as well as an invitation to play Mail Tag.  Bianca is quite talented at packing as much fun into one flat envelope as possible.  Look at what she was able to send in this single envelope...Thanks for the goodies!

Aneez and Vanessa
The back of this postcard says, "I know you don't want a house full of giraffe stuff so I thought I'd send a postcard of a guy with a round nose wearing big glasses and sporting a neatly kept 'stache!"

Vicky
I adopted some envelopes from Hong Kong.  Vicky makes these handmade beauties so that they can travel the world.  I love the stamps of the endangered Black-Faced Spoonbill and the well loved Red-Whiskered Bulbul.  You can adopt your own envies from Vicky right here.

OUTGOING:
Zoe
A letter to my Western Canadian pen pal using the last envelope I got from Felicity.


Marianne
Taking another stab at freehand drawing.  A seahorse for my favourite Texan Marianne.

17 comments:

Zoë said...

That's a lot of book mooching, such a cool idea! And a letter to me :D I'm already excited to get it, I love the wordly envelope.

Marz said...

I love looking at these posts! :) I love esp that there is something today in there for me! :) I LOVE the seahorse!!! :) It's darling!!!! I can't wait to get him :) I went to the post today to send off something to you! :) I hope you get it soon! xoxo

Megan said...

I love that quote it is one of my favourite letter writing quotes. I love the sock swaps you enter I might try one soon. I am putting a letter in the post for you today :-)

Faiza said...

@zoe - i love writing to you!

@marz - our letters will cross each other in the night. who will write to whom next?

@megan - ooooooh i can't wait to get a letter from you, especially after your latest post!

rachel awes said...

i LOVE sea horses &
all the beauties,
including little miss giggles,
that travel through our
beautiful world & sometimes
even land on our
door or blogstep.
xox

Barry said...

Love that giraffe card!

Thanks for your comment on my 100 followers post Faiza. Your words are always so uplifting to me!

xo

Bianca J said...

Awh! I'm so glad it found you with its stamp fallen off! I wonder why it didn't stick?! Glad you liked :D

Faiza said...

@rachel - i love sending off a piece of mail and anticipating the moment it will reach its destination...

@barry - thanks barry!

@bianca j - loved it and have some goodies to send back soon...

christy b., that's me! said...

I love the seahorse!
:o)

Tima said...

So I'm thinking you may have too many giraffes from Ethan......

Faiza said...

@christy b - thanks! i loved drawing her!

@Tima - all of Ethan's giraffes have been awesome! i don't have the real estate for many more but his postcards are among my faves!

bklyn76 said...

oooh, i see some books i may have to borrow! ;)

Krystal said...

augusten burroughs is one of my FAVORITE authors! enjoy it :)

Faiza said...

@bklyn76 - you know where to find me...and my books!

@Krystal - i will be sure to blog about the book when i read it!

JenRem said...

I love how you are always up on the newest and coolest book things (like Goodreads). I just checked out BookMooch and it's so cool - thanks for sharing :)

Faiza said...

@JenRem - and THANK YOU for introducing me to bookcrossing...just checked my mail and saw your surprise!

Micaela said...

hello sweetie!!!! Did i ever THANK YOU with all my heart for the gift i got before i left for my little stay at home in Texas? TEXAS-- oh darling, as SOON as i saw the flag of my beloved home, it was enough. And then you spoiled me with the gorgeous maps and pins and those rings!!! Oh my goodness, the PERFECT rings! i brought BOTH with me on my trip :) they are gorgeous!!! what a talented goddess you are!!!

(it made me want to be creative! ha)

and the note... your note couldn't have come at a perfect time.

just so you know, i bought you a little something and just have to put it in a proper package for you. i will soon, i promise!

it meant the world to me.
as did the sea horse envelope you sent my twinkie who showed it off to me ;) she LOVED it!!!

i'm so glad we've met you :)

i am SOOO EXCITED for you to read "the girl's guide to hunting and fishing." It's actually part of a gift i had sent in a "3 favorites thing" swap cos i loved it that much. (i even blogged about it once) let me know what you think!

and just for good measure, again, I ADORE YOU!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!