Recent Posts

Monday, August 9, 2010

Centre Island

After gorgeous weeks of heat and sunshine (and little bits of rain here and there) we are now in the midst of a downpour!  I can hear thunder and rain so loud that it is drowning out my typing. (I have been accused of being a loud typer.  I admit it.  I am.)  We've had a great summer so far.  In a day or two we'll have it all back so I don't mind the rain at all.  It is the perfect time to reminisce about a gorgeous, lazy summer day spent with my family.  Last weekend, we walked the hundred yards or so from my place to the Toronto Ferry Terminal where we boarded a ferry to Toronto Island. 

When we disembarked, my Dad and Karim scouted out the perfect picnic spot where we ate delicious tandoori chicken sandwiches that were lovingly made by my Mom. After finishing our yummy food, we set off towards Centreville.  All the adults forged ahead and I turned around to snap this picture of Kahmir dancing against a back drop of the Toronto skyline.  He didn't know we were watching as he danced and sang to himself.  I will never forget this moment.

On the way to Centreville, Karim spotted this great climbing tree.  He went up and then we hoisted Kahmir up too.  I attempted to climb the tree as well.  I couldn't do it in my flip flops and instead ended up bruising my right arm quite nicely.  It was one of my finer clumsy moments! 

We got to Centreville and Kahzmir was thrilled at the prospect of going on his first ride - one that didn't require silver coins in the middle of a shopping mall.  Minaz talked to him quietly to make sure he was ready for all the rides.

This excited little boy tries to hold it all in while Karim gets his play all day pass!

His first ride! The Bumble Bees! This ride went quite high up and Kahzmir giggled with delight!

He got off the Bee and ran towards the spinning Tea Cups and the Ferris Wheel before getting on the Merry-Go-Round.

Kahzmir kept getting distracted by the Centreville Train which came in his favorite Thomas the Tank Engine blue and James' fiery red.  He loves trains and has often told me that when he grows up he wants to be Thomas the Tank Engine.  We finally reached the train and he couldn't believe his luck, the one that was waiting for passengers was blue, just like Thomas!

Kahmir then tried his hand at driving in another Thomas blue car.  He turned the steering wheel the exact opposite way every time he turned a corner and laughed so hard because the car would still go thr right way.

Next, we tested his skills on the water.  He seemed to steer this Kiddie Boat quite well and enjoyed ringing the bell - unlike the little lady behind him who was having a bit of a dance party on her own.

You know how your stomach feels when you go on one of those rides that just lets you sort of free fall?  Kahzmir now knows too!

Now that we trusted him to operate heavy machinery, we thought it would be good to see how he handled live animals.  Kahzmir loved the Pony Rides! 

His favorite ride was obviously the fastest of them all The Little Monster Rollercoaster. 

We all take a break for some silly fun!

And as the sun starts to set, Karim and Kahmir have one last adventure on the Sky Ride for a bird's eye view of the island.


It already feels sunny again!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! Everyone looks as excited as the Kahzmiester!

Krystal said...

that looks like such a fun family day! :)

Claire Kiefer said...

Adorable. There's nothing cuter than a little kid in a muscle tank. :) And Kahzmir looks like he can give some serious hugs--he looks so sweet with his little arms squeezing his mama and daddy's necks!

rachel awes said...

i love it when it rains hard & loud!
soooo comforting!
& dear, dear photos overflowing, downpouring
w/love!

Megan said...

What a fun day! Love the photo of Kahmir dancing in the rain, so so sweet.
I think you sent me a letter ago and it never arrived. It must have disappeared into the land of lost letters :-)

Marz said...

This is such a precious post!!! Kahmir is toooo ADORABLE! I LOVE that you captured the moment of him singing and dancing against the skyline, so cute! I love the absolute delight in his face in all the photos. The one where he's trying to hold it in has got be my favourite! My bestie's youngest son was in love with Thomas and had a huge train phase like Kahmir. Thank you for sharing these adorable photos that just put me in such a happy mood, I love how close you are to your family :)
p.s. I am such a LOUD typer too :) Sometimes I worry when I'm at work that my co-workers will know I'm either blogging or iming away because of how loud and fast I'm typing lol :)

Phoenix Peacock said...

I'm loving the jack rabbit ferris go round!
So glad you had a fabulous day

Anonymous said...

Thanks Faiza for posting the adorable momentos!!.we all had a great time.

Megan said...

Haha the letter showed up this afternoon of course. LOVE the Glee stickers thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a GREAT day!!!

Felicity said...

Kahzmir is so cute! Looks you all had a blast.

bklyn76 said...

so much fun in one post! [love the kid sneaking into your tree photo!] the teacups always make my stomach do flip flops!

Meghan said...

Oh the kids are adorable! They look so happy:) What a perfect day for you and your family!

molly YEH! said...

oh that looks like so much fun!! i wish i was still small enough to go on all of those rides: -)

Mimi said...

it looks like you guys had a blast! it's still hot here in LA, i am actually excited for fall and winter. :D

p.s. i am your newest follower. hope you can come visit and maybe follow my blog too. thanks! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

Awww, what a cutie patootie! :) And so in love with all the rides. That hug is just the sweetest moment. Sharing these great times with family is just the best. You're making it feel sunnier here too!

Tima said...

What a wonderful day!

Farah said...

The little kiddo is so so adorable! I would love to just squish him! xoxo

Minaz said...

That little boy loves rides... just like his papa! Hope you're having fun in Calgary sweetheart... mama could do with one of those hugs right now :(
Thanks fui for the lovely post!

Treehugger_31 said...

Looks like a fun filled day! :)

treehugger-blog me up baby swap on swapbot

DANA said...

Looks like a fun relaxing time and love all of the bright smiling pics! Danajeanward from swap-bot

Jessica said...

Looks like a wonderful day.

J3ss1ca (Swap-Bot)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!