Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labour Day at the Baseball Game!

Your starting Fan Line-Up for the Labour Day baseball game where the Jays welcomed the Texas Rangers and won 7-2.

#18 - Ameera "Princess" Hosein
She's #18 because so far that has been the best year fo her life. 
Her batting stance song would be Diana Ross' "I'm Coming Out."

#11 - Karim "What's your twitter handle?"Kanji
#11 Karim Kanji came out to the game rocking this geriatric look.  All his matchy matchy tracksuit was missing was a few gold chains. (I like to bug him.  He knows he is one of my favourite people.) His batting song would be "Piece of Crap" by Neil Young.  Of course it would.

#89 - Minaz "Did you know you could recycle that?" Kanji
She came to Canada in 1989 and has worked at making Toronto a greener place to live in ever since then.  She'd come out to Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" and would likely hit a homerun with that anthem in the background!

And with these shoes, she would deserve it too!

#2  - Faiza "Genoa City" Kanji
I like the #2 because some of my best times in life have been spent in duos!
 I'd walk to the batter's box to the tune of the Jackson 5's "Can You Feel It?" 
That song makes me feel like I have ants in my pants.  In a good way.
(I'm not sure how to recover from that one....)

#1 - Kahzmir Kanji
This kid is too cool for a nickname.  He picked #1 for his jersey because it's Thomas' number. 
Makes sense to me and of course his batting song would obviously be "Go, Go Thomas!"
It's a real crowd pleaser amongst the 2-6 year old demographic.

Seriously...too cute!

We had a great time watching the Jays beat the Rangers. 
A gratuitous shot of Michael Young for Micaela just before he got a hit.

The dome was closed and then it opened.  It was sunny and then it rained. 
High five to Kahzmir's parents who brought weather appropriate reading materials.

I'd say a Happy Labour Day was had by all!

21 comments:

Tima said...

LOVE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I <3 those shoes!

- Aneez

Claire Kiefer said...

Adorable! Love all your sports posts lately! I've decided that this year, I am going to become a serious football fan. Can't wait! :)

Your family is too cute. So glad you had such a fun (and busy!) Labor Day!

Krystal said...

oh man you are hilarious! :) this was so cute :)

Krin said...

Oh, seriously fabulous shoes!!!
Looks like an awesome day at the dome...er, Rogers Centre. :)

Erin said...

Hurrah for long weekends and baseball games where the home team wins!

Your family is adorable.

Mrs.B said...

I do believe the way I love FOOTBALL...is the way you LOVE baseball, and your home team!

*P.S. I loved those flip-flops. Did she make them from recycled materials or buy them somewhere?

Marz said...

I absolutely LOVE these posts!!!!!! I LOVE your starting fan line up :) Reading all the numbers, nicknames and batting songs made me giggle. I cannot get enough of your adorable nephew!!! He is just too precious :) Micaela is going to love that pic of Michael Young and that you thought of her :) I thought of you while Philip and I were watching on TV. I just knew you were prob there in attendance :) Thanks for the lovely ballpark postcard! I love it! I got it in the mail yesterday :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

I think I would be batting in a Pinch Hitter role. My number off the bench would be 04 because that's the year that I met Miss Kanji & the rest of the best at YES. The song I would come out to is Just Because by Jane's Addiction, why? Just because.

That was a great article Faiza! I miss you buddy.
Mr. Milhouse

Felicity said...

You're so funny. : ) And your nephew is so cute, it's ridiculous!

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

This is so cute and funny!!! I love how Karim was rocking the geriatric look! :D
And Minaz flip flops are awesome!

bklyn76 said...

minaz is too cute with those toes and your obsession with y&r is outta control! ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day!! MY family is just adorable and I love it!!

Minaz said...

That Baseball game was the perfect end to the summer (I didn't say 'end of summer' did I?!!!). Thanks Faiza for always making baseball games fun for those of us who aren't avid fans!
Minaz (who wishes her flip flops were recycled!)

cerebral e said...

EYE OF THE TIGER!

FĂ©... said...

I love the name of your blog, and the positivity it brings :) Thanks for putting a smile on my face today. Have a wonderful weekend.

MrsWhiffin said...

Those flip flops ae amazing!

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable! I love that you've given everyone a batting song and nickname - too cute!

Jen said...

Those flip flops are the cutest things I've ever seen!! I want a pair! :-)

Micaela said...

AHHHH! I LOVE that shot of my Rangers boyfriend!!!!! YOU ARE SO CUTE! I put a blurb on my latest post because i love seeing this-- it makes our friendship more "real" ha do you know what i mean? love love love! like when i talk with claire on the phone, we always talk about how much we adore you. It's so nice we're all friends :) KISSES for a michael young fix! how about my Rangers?! sweeping the Yankees! WHOO HOO!

I LOVE those flip flops! and wish i looked as cute in a baseball cap as you do! And hearing everyone's batting song-- ha CUTE! i always do that! i'm thinking mine would be "Poker Face" lol

ps. i got home today from our Cowboys game to your AWESOME pressie and card (my favourite quote at the moment! it had me giggling!) you picked out the MOST PERFECTLY me earrings! I loved even more reading the story behind them. THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART! you make me smile xoxo

Emma @ emmanemhandmade said...

I adore those shoes! Amazing.

Thanks for entering my giveaway too, lady - good luck!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!