Recent Posts

Monday, September 6, 2010

Snail Mail Tale - Give Bookmooch a try!

INCOMING
Bookmooch - My latest acquisitions from Bookmooch.  Have you joined yet?
 Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh.  A recommendation from Roxy on goodreads. Sent from Dorit in Israel.

The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg and John David Mann.  A recommendation from Emil.  Another book from Dorit in Israel.

The 4 Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss.  Sent from Josh in the US and recommended by Suzie and Timo in Germany.


Stephen in the 416.  Stephen found me on Postcrossing.  He favourited one of my custom cards seen here and asked me to send him one.  Turns out he lives in the neighbourhood I grew up in.  Small world!  This is the vintage postcard he sent back to say thank you.  It is a TTC subway from years ago.

Another thank you card from shopoholic in the Ukraine.

Alida sent me this dreamy postcard from her recent trip to Mykonos, Greece.  Thank you for the woman in the thing Alida. It made me want to floss...

Bianca - Love the ghost and lucky horseshoe stickers on this envie.  I ordered some Carte Postal prints from Bianca.  You can get your own along with her other creations here. 

First exchange of gratitude songs between Lisa and I.  Lisa had a great idea to take turns sending each other snail mail that highlights songs of gratitude.  The first song she sent me was Sly and the Family Stone's Thank You.

First letter from Passion's new home after her big move this summer.  She uses a lot of fun Japanese stationery.

Marianne - Kindness, love and treats in an envie from Texas' finest!

Marianne covered the back with images of three of my favourite things - giraffes, The Young and the Restless and snail mail.  Love the quote on the back of her envelope as well.

And inside was one of the best letters I've ever received AND three giraffe notebooks!  Thank you so much my sweet friend Marianne. 

OUTGOING
Anni - A postcard for Anni and her family.  Check out their amazing family postcard project.
 


Marianne - Marianne sends me postcards from wherever she travels.  I thought I would send her one from a place I like to go often!

A letter for Farah in Malaysia.  Thanks to Melanie for the great envelope.

Felicity - A letter to the brave Felicity.  I doodled on her envie while riding the bumpiest bus ever.  Felicity just posted her first video.  It was so surreal seeing her "live" after having just written to her.  She's as down-to-earth and kind as I knew she would be.

Micaela - For the romantic and generous Micaela who sent me such a great package!  I repurposed an ATC that Bianca sent me in the mail for this envelope.

Wishing you all a Happy Monday!  (Happy Labour Day to my Canadian and American friends!)

14 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I love reading these! Your letters and envelopes are so delightful. A little sad you still haven't gotten my package (can't believe it takes two weeks!), but happy to see your sweet mail!

Krystal said...

hope you are having a great day :)

Meghan said...

I am so curious about "The Four Hour Work Week"! It sounds divine!

Stephanie said...

I love how everyone puts a little personal touch on all the packages sent out. :)
I'm going to have to check out Bookmooch, now! :)

Marz said...

I'm so glad you got my NOVEL of a letter :) Thank you for letting me pour my heart out to you darling girl! I love seeing these posts. Esp. when I see my name on the outgoing list! :) Hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day!!

rachel awes said...

what's going on
w/all the giraffe's?!!!
i loooove this long neck connection!
& that harriet looks like
loads of fun!
great pile of treasure as always!
xox

Barry said...

These are great. I love the TTC subway postcard!

xo

April said...

Happy Monday to you, too! I love those giraffe notebooks!

bklyn76 said...

wow, 3 giraffe notebooks? marianne either has a plethora of giraffe paraphenalia or she is a good sleuth, finding only the best for you!

emil loved 4-hr work week...let me know when you hire some overseas admin assistants. ;)

Micaela said...

my twinkie was so excited to find those journals for you! :) i love them!

i agree- you always put such a sweet personal touch to all your letters.

and you ALWAYS make me smile! your comment on my post about robbie williams "creepin" my blog had me in flutters-- wouldn't that be amazing?! ha! one of the first gifts Max ever gave me was a biography of his and robbie talked about when the internet first came out, he would stay up late and read things about himself... man oh man, i would die if he ever stumbled upon my blog! thank you for the sexy thought ;) LOL

Lisa said...

Glad my song arrived, Faiza! How do you keep track of all your pen pals?! I think you may hold a world record...you should look it up, and see what the record is! : )

StephanieTJLee said...

WHOA this is an awesome post. I love all those postcards. I think I'm going to join postcrossing soon. Thanks so much for sharing :).

Felicity said...

Thank you for your letter and kind words. You are the nicest woman, i'm verklempt. : )

Heather {A Measure Of...} said...

These packages are SO lovely, as always. I love your envelope doodles! :)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!