Recent Posts

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Do You Dewey? September 2010

At one point in September, I had 13 movies to watch from the library.  I managed to get through two.

Ghost of Girlfriends Past
I admit I watched this because Jennifer Garner is eye candy for me.  I heart all of her.  It was fun to see Michael Douglas in a few of the scenes as well.  As for Matthew McConaughey?  I don't care for him much. 


Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Congratulations to the Tourism Board of Spain...and Woody Allen! 
I officially want to go to see Barcelona in the summer!  The breathtaking scenery which included one Javier Bardem was great.  It was nice to Woody Allen work his magic outside the Big Apple, something he seems to be doing a lot of lately.  Two thumbs up!

9 comments:

Tima said...

What were the other 11 you didn't get to to see?

Count me in for a visit to Barcelona

rachel awes said...

i saw vicky but not the other yet!
isn't it soul-intriguing which stars
we are magnetized to?!
julia roberts is one for me...
she actually feels like a friend!
lots of love to you today, dear faiza!
xox

bklyn76 said...

2/13 isn't that bad...i have about 40 books sitting here waiting to be read. e doesn't think i can do it!

vcb made me want to go to spain too! it was so beautifully shot! not to mention all the beautiful ppl in the movie.

matthew mcconaughy, i can do without.

Phoenix Peacock said...

Barcelona is the most amazing place I think I've ever been. Now you have me excited to see the movie!

Melanie Jane said...

I love Jennifer Gardner too -- now it may have something to do with my decade plus crush on Ben Affleck.

Krystal said...

I love Vicky Christina Barcelona...such a different movie - and I definitely agree, it's time to go to Barcelona!

Barry said...

I love that you're crushin' on Jennifer and not Matthew. :)

Hope you're having a good weekend Faiza!

Marz said...

OMG I LOVE Jennifer as well!!! And just like you I could completely do without Matthew!!! :) Sure he has the sexiest Texan accent, but for some reason he just doesn't do it for me! My bff Steph LOVES him, but I have never been crazy about him. My sisters and I went to go see that movie in the theatre and I was really surprised how much I ended up liking it! Jennifer is just so sweet in it!

I of course had to watch Vicky Cristina with my twinkie since it has her girlfriend Penelope in it :) I really like Rebecca Hall as well ever since I saw her in "Starter for 10" with my love James McAvoy! Micaela, Madeline and I were all born in Spain and unfortunately do not remember it because we were all so little. I told twinkie that for a big milestone birthday (perhaps our 30th in 3.5 years!!) we should go back to Madrid and experience the place of our birth :) You will join us and together we will all discover Barcelona! Woulnd't that be lovely?! :)

Mrs.B said...

I want to see V.C.B. sooooo bad!

:o)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!