Recent Posts

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thanks given.

Last weekend, we celebrated Thanksgiving.  Minaz prepared a feast!  We had a savoury and tender turkey accompanied with sage and onion mashed potatos, two kinds of stuffing, cranberry sauce, Caesar salad, asparagus and garlic green beans. YUM!

Minaz was really excited to carve pumpkins, something none of us had ever done before.  I must admit that we all tried to get out of it.  First we insisted that we had to have our cupcake dessert first.  After eating our delicious cupcakes, lovingly made by my cousin Farah, we then protested that it was too cold to carve the pumpkins outside.  Thankfully, Minaz didn't give up on the idea.  She set us up to carve the pumpkins inside and we had a blast!
 
 Mom cuts the crown out of her pumpkin.  
Kahzmir watches from afar, still unsure of all these shenanigans...


Suli starts scooping out the inside of her pumpkin.


The challenge ahead of me.  I got a bit intense.  
I think I broke a sweat at one point while scooping out the inside of my pumpkin.


Kahzmir gets in on the action pulling out some seedsWe roasted the seeds in butter and salt.  They were so yummy!

I confused jack o' lantern and snowman but this was a great first attempt and it was FUN!  Kahzmir loved finding mitts and a hat for our friend here!

Bringing our creations outside!  I love how Kahzmir is hugging Jose. That's what we named him. 

Suli and Kahzmir pose by one of the flowers she planted.


Thanks given for a wonderful family, great food, time spent together and trying new things. 

12 comments:

Anna Walker said...

Aweh it looks messingly fun! :)

Erin said...

My oldest got the biggest pumpkin ever. I'm a bit grossed out just thinking about all the guts in that thing that I'm going to have to scoop out!!! It'll make an awesome jack o'lantern though...

Glad you had such a happy Thanksgiving!

Claire Kiefer said...

Ohhhh pumpkin carving is the best! You are so beautiful and so is your family--I love seeing pictures of sweet little Kahzmir. What a grin that kid has. I'm excited for Thanksgiving here (though I'm not sure what my plans are yet), and I need to hop on the pumpkin train now so that I can have it around for a couple weeks before Halloween! :)

Phoenix Peacock said...

I love that you named your pumkins! haha.

Felicity said...

Jose looks sad, he's lucky to have a Kahzmir there to cheer him up. : )

Felicity said...

Pardon the typo- doh!

Meghan said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you! Your pictures make me so excited to celebrate in a few weeks! I love your family photos and adore your smiling faces!

Tima said...

Happy Thanksgiving cuz. Sounds like a great day.

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I love Thanksgiving so much! And pumpkin carving :) How fun.

Karim Kanji said...

Great pictures and post Faiza-bhen!

Lisa said...

We just carved our pumpkins tonight--I like your pumpkin-snow-man combo!

Still thinking about my next song to send you, speaking of Thanks Given!

Felicia said...

My friends and I have a stuffed toy dinosaur that we named Jose. It's a good name for inanimate objects, isn't it?

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!