Recent Posts

Friday, November 5, 2010

Do You Dewey? October 2010

Thanking my public library once again for these treats and for accepting my late fines with a smile!

Charlotte's Web
I have been borrowing this DVD from the library and renewing it the maximum number of times allowed and then placing it on hold again for months now.  I wanted to re-read the book before watching it so when a lazy weekend happened upon me, I did the re-read and then popped in the movie.  The book was excellent the fifth or so time around and the movie was done beautifully.  The kid in me loves this story of friendship just as much as my 30-something self does! If you don't know the story of Charlotte, her webs and her buddy Wilbur, you need to get right on that!  Wonder when the next re-read will be?

Stranger Than Fiction
Oh Will Ferrell!  How is it that you make me laugh, even when you are not trying? I loved this clever movie and give it two thumbs up for excellent execution of a quirkly storyline and a mash up of a cast.  Will Ferrell's initial awkward scenes with his love interest played by Maggie Gyllenhall are brilliant! 
Tropic Thunder
In true Ben Stiller fashion, this movie is so ridiculously ridiculous and over the top that you can't help but laugh.  My only complaint is a scene where the word retard is repeatedly used inappropriately.  Loved the concept for this film as well as the perfectly cast cameo by one Tom Cruise!

Thankful to be able to keep doing the Dewey in November!

15 comments:

Krystal said...

Awww, Charlotte's web :)

Felicity said...

I saw tropic thunder in the theater, I loved it and I love Tom Cruise. He's not crazy, he's awesome!! And cuuuuuuute!

Have a good weekend friend. : )

Claire Kiefer said...

Totally admire you for using your library so well. I'm afraid I don't get to mine nearly as much as I should (though, admittedly, I have about six full bookshelves in my house; 75% of which I haven't read!). Your taste in movies is so varied, it cracks me up! :) Happy weekend sweet girl--I hope you get lots of love and relaxation and french fries!

rachel awes said...

you are sooo sweet w/your charlotte's web!!
i loved "because of winn dixie"...in the squishy-heart catagory!!! lots of love to you!

Anna Walker said...

I love love love the movie "Stranger Than Fiction" it's hilarious, I like it when he is playing the guitar, and then it switches to the real song "Whole Wide World" it's a great part in the movie!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Melanie Jane said...

Yes I DEWEY --- joined with company ( hmm... who whould that have bee? and tada -- gone three times in a week! Love it

Thanks Faiza

Tima said...

Love Charlotte's Web. Have yet to see the movie.

heather yalin said...

I didn't even know Charlotte's Web had a movie! :) Libraries are amazing, aren't they? Wishing you a lovely weekend!!!

tez said...

You inspire me to want to use my public library! I love the book Charlotte's Web - I'll have to see the movie. I've seen Tropic Thunder too many times to count - if only for Tom Cruise's part. :)
Hope you're having a lovely weekend! x

Meghan said...

Charlotte's Web totally reminds me of 2nd grade!

I really loved Stranger Than Fiction, but didn't care for the vulgarity of Tropic Thunder...

Mrs.B said...

I love Stranger than Fiction and Tom Cruise was awesome in Tropic Thunder!

Felicia said...

Stranger than Fiction is one of my favorite movies ever! And Charlotte's Web was a favorite book as a kid (Still love EB White, he's brilliant). I have yet to see the movie.

Stephanie said...

A big group of us went to see Tropic Thunder in the theater. Including Marianne and Mickey! I LOVED the movie. But made the mistake of taking Gage and his friend to see it, too. Awkward! haha. They loved it too, but a little inappropriate. haha. I LOVED Tom Cruise in it! He was the BEST! I like the end when he dances by himself. Hilarious.

Lisa said...

Hi Faiza, After I read your post, I requested Tropic Thunder from our library, remembering I wanted to see it, and wanting to have a good laugh. It is ridiculous, but I had some really good laughs! When Ben Stiller is running over that bridge at the end of the movie, I was laughing hysterically. Thanks for this comic relief. Here's some for you, that I just posted. Hope it makes you LOL! http://joytoyouandme.blogspot.com/2010/11/joy-in-expression.html

Krystal said...

so glad you got the post card!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!