Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snail Mail Tale - Thinking in pirate...

Here ye snail mail enthusiasts!  Feast thine eyes upon my latest booty! Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
(Follow the chain....Claire's been talking about man buns > now I have Johnny Depp on the brain > alas I have found myself thinking in pirate more than once today...)

INCOMING

 Isaac's birth announcement all the way from England.

A letter from soulful Claire in Oakland.

Super cute 3D card from Erin.  This card for me accompanied her great Victoria postcard.

 Postcrossing from the capital of Croatia, Zagreb.  Thanks to a little driect swap action! Love the rooftops!

Postcard for me from another special Erin.  She sent this on her visit to Cape Spear, Newfoundland.  Shout out to you pirates looking for a place to dock!!  This is the most easterly point of North America. 

Letter on a cute giraffe card from Sheba. Who doesn't love banana stickers?


OUTGOING
 
Bianca blogged about taking part in the PO BOX Clock Project.
I was intrigued and this was my contribution.

Long overdue letter to Patty in an envelope made by Melanie.

A thank you to kind Erin on the other side of the country. This also proved to be a lesson in colour management for moi.  Red gel pen on an orange envelope does not a happy postal clerk make. Hopefully it'll reach Erin soon!

Christmas treat for the sweet Micaela.

Thank you to Krystal for contributing to the Guestbook Project.

Aye! My booty has been plentiful!  Thankful for reasons to say Yo-Ho-Ho!!

15 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Seeing that picture of sweet baby Isaac makes my womb hurt. HE IS SO PRECIOUS! And what an adorable birth announcement. Promise me lots and lots of pics of him when you're visiting!

How kind of you to describe me as soulful. That's an honor. :)

I wanna be pen pals with Sheba!! I loooooove her. And her precious babe!

Krystal said...

You sent me something?! awwwwwww

Erin said...

Oh, I'm so excited to see an envelope there for me! I'll keep my eye on the post!

PS: Sheba is my ornament swap partner! I see you two know each other already...

Felicity said...

I love the 'nana stamps and i'm gonna sign up for the clock project. Fun, fun!

Phoenix Peacock said...

what a cute cute baby. and a happy mailbox!

Melanie Jane said...

I love the snail mail -- how come you make my envelopes looks so good - I must make more soon!

That beautiful baby gets a snuggle soon from you!

salwar kameez said...

Good post.. your blog also verry good..

tez said...

Ahahaa - I read this post earlier today, and I didn't click on the link about Man Buns - so *I* thought you were referring (quite openly) to Johnny Depp's derriere - which then follows quite a different train of thought I was having!

I've only just read Claire's post about Man Buns and it has all come clear. :)

Kirsten said...

I looovve your snail mail tales!

Meghan said...

That birth announcement is too precious! What a little doll!

April said...

I always love fun mail posts like this. :)

Krystal said...

i got your letter!!! the envelope is so pretty :) Thank you SO MUCH for the face mask, I am SO beyond excited to use it, I'm waiting for the perfect time. you don't know how happy it made me to see instructions in english! haha, the little things :)
and also you comment on little bee is such a good point, how people do live like that all the time. sad book :(

Micaela said...

Oh my goodness faiza! after a LONG day at work on a saturday (8am-6pm, so essentially i woke up at 6 a.m.) it was LOVELY and unexpected to come home to your sweet and delightful christmas pressie!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your heart!!! the ornaments are perfect!!! and so fitting as i just put up our first christmas as mr. and mrs. yesterday :) PERFECT, indeed!!! i love that i'll forever be reminded of you-- the blue jay! TOO awesome!!!

i adore you! truly truly truly!

xoxoxo

Mrs.B said...

I have to get my human clock card out soon, just not sure what to do!

:o)

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Wow! I want YOUR mailbox :) xo

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!