Recent Posts

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Guestbook Project - Part 4 (guest starring Isaac Jaffer Kanji)

I begin the next Guestbook Project post with a gratitutous shot of Isaac.  He attended his first Christmas party today and approached his first meeting with Santa Claus quite seriously. You see, he's already exploring his career options and wanted Santa to know that he is getting in touch with his inner reindeer just in case Donner or Blitzen get stuck  in Germany before Christmas eve.  The snow in Europe is treacherous...for Europe that is.
Mommy Vanessa coaches Isaac through his first job interview.

This installment of the Guestbook Project is brought to you by the beautiful Claire from Bicoastally.  She's one of my favourite bloggers, penpals, g chatters and friends. 


Claire lives just outside of San Francisco.  These shots of the Golden Gate Bridge offer two different perspectives.  One beats with the pulse of the city while the other overlooks the beautiful water below.

Wouldn't you love to take a trolley to work everyday?  How refreshing!


Claire studied at Tulane University and recently took a trip back to New Orleans. When I get there, the first thing I want to do is listen to a booming and soulful brass band.

Having been a choir girl myself, I loved seeing this postcard of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  Listening to a choir in a big space and breathing in the music as it fills up a room is one of my favourite things to do.  I've never seen a choir as big as this one which is made of 360 volunteers.  Am adding that to my bucket list!  


This postcard is breath taking.  The fluidity of the sand, the beautiful colours and the subtle patterns it creates is so wonderful to look at while shiftless, solid rock looks down on it.


Claire lives in Oakland and I love reading about her adventures in and around the city.  These postcards gave me a better idea of why she loves her home. 



I love the vibrant colours that peek out from the ancient ruins and old architecture of many Central American sites.  Read about Claire's recent trip to Antigua here. 

Thankful that it IS a small world after all.

6 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

1. I loooooove baby Isaac on Santa's lap! He is the cutest reindeer in all the land!
2. Glad you like your postcards--I'll continue to collect them for you wherever I go. :)

Megan said...

Oh my goodness that reindeer suit is too cute! Looks like you are getting a great collection of postcards for the wedding :-)

Rashida Kanji said...

Such a cute picture of Isaac sitting on Santa's lap.Faiza enjoy every moment with Isaac, Vanessa & Aneez.
Love you and miss you!
Mom

Melanie Jane said...

Miss you already -- a whole month is gonna suck! but so gladto see you are blogging - have a great day tomorrow - I will be thinking of you at the gym!! 100 sit ups -- I know I know!

Micaela said...

THE CUUUUTEST BABY AWARD WOULD DEF. GO TO HIM! :)

looooooooourve your Guestbook project and what better girl to do this with than miss travel pants claire k? :) i share your love with her :) and loved seeing her photos from Guatemala.

yes-- i love small world moments :) like running into a girl who was friends with my little sister at work the other day -- who would of thought someone from my small texas town would end up in another small town in virginia? :)

x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!