Recent Posts

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Guestbook Project - Part 5

Okay, I have to be honest.  I am swimming in postcards from generous people everywhere who have embraced The Guestbook Project for Naaz and Kushan's wedding.  I have learned a great lesson in intentions and in asking for help.  This is something I have written about before.  Thank you to everyone who reminds me of this lesson with every postcard that comes my way.  Naaz was over at my place the other day and it was so much fun to watch her eyes dance while we went through all the postcards.  So without further adieu, here's the next batch of global treasures.

I never really knew much or thought much about Kentucky.  I definitely didn't know that there were so much natural beauty there until I got these next two postcards from Christy.  The third postcard  is from Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina.  Thank you for sharing some of America's beautiful landscape.




My Suzie sent me this postcard from Stuttgart.  I had a bit of a giggle thinking about the fact that she and I had walked through this scene a few times when I visited her in 2009. Timo sent along some postcards from Hamburg, their soon to be new home together!  I can't wait to visit them there and then picture myself inside those postcards as well.





Sarah and James recently moved to Manchester. Sarah sent this postcard to me while I was in England.  Thank you so much!  Getting and sending mail while you are on vacation is such a treat!
Sheba (a real life friend to Naaz) and our fellow book club pal brought these postcards during her Thanksgiving family adventure.  Thank you!


Thankful! Thankful!  Thankful!

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awww! I love getting postcards! I'm addicted to Postcrossing! Mail is so much fun! :)

Kirsten said...

Hey Faiza! I just read about this project for the first time right this moment... how cool! Do the post cards have to be exotic? if not, I can see if I can grab one from my hometown - the home of Alice Munro! :-)

Melanie said...

I can't wait to read about the finished project.

Megan said...

Oh I am so glad lots of postcards have arrived. Did my letter to you turn up?

Mrs.B said...

So glad you liked them and that they will get used! I love weddings and it is wonderful being part of Naaz and Kushan's!

You know, too, if you are ever driving through this grand, ol' state... I will gladly take you and your friends to any of these "postcard" places!

bklyn76 said...

b/c of your generosity to the world, the universe wants to shower you with gifts in return...this time, in the form of postcards! xo

Marz said...

Such a lovely batch - Those postcards make me miss Germany so much!!! That's so exciting to see Naaz's reaction to all the postcards that have come your way specifically for their wedding! :) So special! Thanks for letting all of us be a part of their big day!

Claire Kiefer said...

I am really excited to see the whole thing put together. It's going to be such an incredibly unique guestbook, and full of so much heart and love from around the world. Now that is special.

(Also, you're a phenomenal friend--of course everyone wants to help you out!)

rachel awes said...

here is my imagined postcard to you...
the picture is of me hugging you...
& on the other side i write:
looooooooove to beautiful faiza!! xoxox

Krystal said...

so exciting!!

Meghan said...

These are perfect!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!