Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Guestbook Project - Part 6

Another round of thanks to all the lovely folks out there who have been sending postcards my way for Naaz and Kushan's wedding guestbook.  We've got all the postcards we need.  Now I just need to get them all up here so you can travel around the world too!  And then wait with anticipation for their beautiful day coming up in August!

New mom Heather sent these postcards from Patagonia, Chile just before her move back to California and the arrival of her Rowan.  These images are breathtaking.
 Parque Nacional Torres Del Paine in Chile.

 Learn how you can save the Numbat from extinction at http://www.numbat.org.au/

View of the Red Square in Moscow.

View of the Spit of Vasilyevky Island in St. Petersburg.

Adorable Gentoo Penguins in Antarctica.

My lovely Marianne sent so many postcards! 
From Marianne's whirlwind trip last year.

Perfect postcard to get from a girl with so much love to share! I can't wait to see who uses this for the wedding guestbook.

Volterra, Italy.  Shades of Edward linger here...

Frankfurt, Germany!

Marianne went to Chicago with her hilarious bff Steph.  She sent me this same postcard while she was there.

I love these big lettered beauties!

Hoping to visit Marianne in this beautiful state someday soon!

How about a random armadillo fact from the back of this postcard?  Did you know that all the young in each litter are the same sex?  It's true, that is what the postcard said.  Huh! I had no idea.

Canberra cutie Megan sent these colourful postcards! 
I love this card!  I've just started to truly embrace the whole holiday experience and I agree I love them too!

If you turn these two Florida postcards over you will see some tiny print that reads...Printed in Tenessee.



Loving these illustrated dolphins! Australia, I hope to see you one day!

I would love to Do the Dewey here.  WOW!

Thank you Heather, Marianne and Megan.

4 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Incredible! What a collection! I'm so impressed that you've managed to collect all the postcards you need months ahead of time. That is thinking ahead! I am so excited about seeing the guest book in its final manifestation. :)

Felicity said...

Interesting about the armadillos, I wonder if it's like identical births where the egg divides after it's fertilized. *off to google* : ) And speaking of reproduction, you were in my dream last night and in it you had a baby in your belly. : O

Keep On S'myelin! said...

What a fun idea and a wonderful collection! I love postcards!

Marz said...

I feel so honoured to have been able to contribute to Naaz and Kushan's wedding guestbook! Seriously thank you darling for letting us be a part of their special day! And I could just imagine the HOURS you could spend deweying in the Aussie National Library :) xo

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!