Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Old School - February 16, 2011

I haven't done an Old School post on here in over a year.  I often include them in my daily journal but I couldn't keep it to myself today!

Nothing extraordinary happened today except that it did over and over and over again...all day.  You know how they say it's all about the little things?  Today it was. I feel like I have been laughing or smiling all day and I finally stopped to think about why.

1.   I woke up to Aneez's Facebook status which read, "Tinie Tempah's got so many Brits he keeps some at his Aunt's house."  If you know this song, then you know that status is HILARIOUS! I have been laughing at this all day.
^ Tinie Tempah

2. Signed up for Karim's first webinar tomorrow.  WOOT!

3. I like to chew on a piece of gum on the way to work. I usually pop a stick in my mouth in the elevator on the way down to the street.  Whenever someone else is in the elevator with me I get anxious about whether or not to offer them a piece of gum.  Not everyone is as UP as me in the morning and I like to respect that.  So this morning, one of my neighbours got on the elevator with me.  I didn't even think about it, I just offered him a piece of gum.  It was a piece of Trident Layers Wild Strawberry and Tangy Citrus gum.  He was so excited he high fived me!  

4.  All right so I am still not at work yet.  (And I love my job!) I was thinking about my day and a meeting I had in the afternoon regarding a Toy Drive I am working on.  As I was thinking about toys, I walked down the seasonal aisle of a drugstore. I was hoping to find some Skittles on sale amongst the Valentine's Day candy but instead I found a whole bunch of really fun stuffed animals marked down 95%!!!  I cleared the shelves and bought about 15 stuffed toys for less than $20 for the Toy Drive!  YAY!

5.  I had poutine for lunch.  What else is there to say really?
^ The eight wonder of the world...

6. I walked back through the drugstore at lunch and they had restocked the shelves.  I bought about another 20 toys for the Toy Drive for $16!

7.  Got tickets to see one of my favourite authors talk about her new book in a few weeks! 

8. Maji told me she loved me!

9. Drank pink lemonade in Canada in February.
 ^
10. Caught up on the last two episodes of Glee.  The Valetine and Bieber episodes.  I like the Biebs and Sue's plaid jumpsuit?  C'mon!
 ^

8 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

NOOOOOO to the Biebs! He just released a statement that he does not believe in abortion even when a woman has been raped because "everything happens for a reason." OMG.

But I loooooooove the rest of this post and frankly, I want to see one every day! And poutine doesn't seem to exist in the U.S. Is there a vegetarian version of this miracle food?

xoxoxoxo

Felicity said...

This made me smile! Especially the gum and the 95% off toys. And going back for more toys- that's awesome!! : D

Neil Uttamsingh said...

Faiza,

Loved the post!

It is great to see that you are lovin' life and are doing well!

-Neil.

Shamir said...

With Beiber and Arcade Fire running the Brits, shouldn't they rename to a more appropriate name? Perhaps the Juno's??? ;)

Poutine in TO vs poutine in Ottawa...c'mon man!

Please give Maji a big kiss from us when you see her next.

Anonymous said...

Faiza,
My heart is smiling! Love the fact that you are enjoying life ! Way to go My Girl!!
Love you loads.
Mom

Marz said...

I am beaming after reading this post! Especially about the high five and toy drive :) I absolutely love how you find joy in life's simple pleasures :) You radiate sunshine and happiness and I can just feel it myself after reading this! I love that!! :)
p.s. I adore your mom's comment :)

Stephanie said...

I'm a Belieber! haha. Love JB!!
How cute that your neighbor was so excited about the gum!! haha. Love it.

P.S.
Hot Fries are only the best chips EVER! I can't believe you've never had them!
Seriously, send me your address and I will mail you the deliciousness!!

bklyn76 said...

poutine . . . yum!

toy drive . . . awesome!

lemonade . . . refreshing, as is the rest of this post!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!