Recent Posts

Monday, March 14, 2011

A Cat in the Hat Birthday!

Happy Birthday Kahzmir!  Today you are 5 years old plus a day!  I remember watching you being born and thinking that my life would never be the same.  Now I know way too much about Thomas the Tank Engine, I can speak in many voices to keep you entertained and sometimes I find myself reading my own books out loud forgetting that you are not around to hear. Happy Birthday my mango!  I crazy love you!

Kahzmir's mom (my sister-in-law Minaz) throws a fabulous birthday party!  Every year, she picks out a theme for Kahzmir's birthday and does an AMAZING job with the decor, games, loot bags etc.  This year was no exception. The theme was The Cat in the Hat and I can now proudly brag that I have eaten red fish, pizza and delicious cake amongst a vast Truffla tree forest.  My inner camp counsellor came out in full force as I led some pretty competitive games of Duck-Duck-Goose (renamed Cat-Cat-Hat by request from the birthday boy), Musical Chairs and the Freeze game.

Kahzmir's Cat in the Hat birthday cake!
It was beautiful inside and out.  It was so yummy that I was eating it with my hands.  Who needs a fork at a time like that?

The candy table was a hit with all the kids.  Sheba would have loved the Swedish fish bowl!

We are good Muslims so behold the Green Eggs and (chicken) Ham table!  Don't worry Mom, there is no pork here.  Karim and Minaz made green egg salad sandwiches.  There were lots of green eggs (M&Ms, green Mini-Eggs and green Skittles.)  I was so excited to paw some green Skittles but they were all gone once the candy table got into full swing.

Yummy fish cookies high in Omega 3 fatty acids coloured sprinkles!

A well stocked Dr. Seuss library.  
The kids loved this!  They each had their own Dr. Seuss favourite!

Thing 1 (a.k.a. Amin Ada), Minaz and Thing 2 (a.k.a. Karim a.k.a. Papa.)

Kahzmir with his Dadi and Dada.

My parents with their FAVOURITE child!

The birthday boy and his family! 

Happy birthday sweet boy! I love you!

15 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Welllllll this is about the most incredible party I've seen! Seriously! I can't even begin to praise that cake--it's extraordinary. And the decor is tremendous . . . not to mention the party looks like it was so much fun! And how precious is Kahzmir? THE CUTEST. Happy 5th!

p.s. I know all about Thomas, too. My favorite train is Toby. :)

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Wow! And I thought I made a good looking cake! That is AMAZING! What a lot of fun. Happy Birthday to Kahzmir!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful.
Love, Love , Love.

happy Birthday Kahzmir!
Faiza you did a fabulous job with the kids!

love you loads,

Mom

Anonymous said...

ok, so seriously...who decorated? who made the cake? was this all your sister-in-law? seriously? please tell me a party planner did this!
krista

Marz said...

Happy Birthday Kahzmir!! :) The sweet words for your nephew just warmed my heart. What an amazing, amazing birthday party!!! I know all of this is fit for a 5 year old, but it would be okay if I copied this theme for my birthday next year? I'll be 28, but always a kid at heart! :) OMG everything is just sooooo adorable!! That cake is so beautiful! What a work of art :) I just love all the Dr. Suess theme food and decor! I can just imagine how amazing you are with the children :) Cat-Cat-Hat - too cute! Your family is just so beautiful. I wish I could have been there to celebrate :)

Micaela said...

awww HOW ADORABLE!! what a precious birthday boy!!! marianne just called me to say i HAD to come on and check how perfect this theme was and how fun your family is-- just lovely, just like you!!!

warms my heart :)

Tima said...

Happy Birthday Kahzmir! I've always wanted to do a Cat in the Hat party, so thanks for the ideas to add to my own!

Phoenix Peacock said...

what a cute cute set up and oh my goodness that cake!!!!

tez said...

Oh my God! That is so freakin' cool! The cake, the decorations, the t-shirts! I want a birthday party like that too. :) You guys are awesome!

Kimminita said...

OMG...I did not even know birthdays could be like that. This looks fanTAStic!

Melanie said...

I kind of wish I was a kid in your famiy sometimes! what love you share.

bklyn76 said...

this is beyond anything i imagined!

i can't wait until indio can have a candy-filled bday party!

minaz surely doesn't disappoint! is she available for hire for say, dec??? no, seriously...

the party looks grand, the birthday boy adorable!

and yes, i'm craving some swedish fish now!

Kirsten said...

I'm in loooooooove with this party!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Awww, you are so sweet!! I love your message at the beginning.
What a cute idea!! I LOVE IT!!!
Zac used to be obsessed with Thomas, too!! haha. He still loves trains, but luckily I don't have to watch the shows anymore!! :)

Meghan said...

That party is perfection! I simply adore the cake and the "green eggs and ham"! Seriously, SO Creative!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!