Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Opening Day 2011!

With my Opening Day regulars Naaz, Karim and Kahzmir by my side along with Aneez chiming in via BBM and suburbanites Valentino and Ahmed, it was so much fun to watch the Toronto Blue Jays win 13-3 against the Minnesota Twins on Friday!  What a way to start off the season at home in front of a sold out crowd!

  The festivities began with a tribute to Roberto Alomar and Pat Gillick who will both be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in June. Anyone up for a roadtrip to Cooperstown? 

Love this quote that kicked off a great video montage. 
Wow, can I get weepy over a video montage or what?

It was so cool to see their banners released. 
I'm hoping we can have a new one up there very soon!

This child has been to every Opening Day game since he was born!
Kahzmir is wearing his "Crazy for Baseball" t-shirt and judging by the 20 minutes of "Down by the Bay" that Naaz and I sang with him, he might have had a tad too much sugar that night.

Baseball season is back and I am excited to see what this team of young players is going to do!  Who is coming with me to the next game?

8 comments:

Micaela said...

i wanna come!!!! :) how special that little one has been to each and every opening day-- so special!!!

I am glad my Rangers sweeped Boston!!! let's hope we can do it again when it counts ;) i have faith!!!

HAPPY SEASON!!!! xoxoxo

Keep On S'myelin! said...

I was thinking of you on Opening Day. I was wondering when I would see this post! ;) My S was there too. Glad you enjoyed the game!

Tima said...

Me me me!!!! Looking forward to reading about all the games you attend this year.



PS. My Sunday did not seem complete this week without a haiku from Aneez. Was expecting a Mother's Day one.

Karina said...

;) Hola Faiza hopping over from Marz blog ;) I am one lucky girl being able to watch my Hogan in reruns if Hogan knows best - haha!! Ah and I so agree that HBK should have his own reality show ;) Kahzmir looks So cute and so attentive to what's going on, what a beautiful tradition to be able to celebrate your love for baseball ;) Wishing you a great baseball season ;) xo

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

So many people I know were at this game- my cousin sang in the choir, my niece and nephew went to their first game, and two other friends posted FB photos too- looks like fun!

inHERshoes said...

i love that quote from muhammad ali. i was in love with the alomar brothers (robbie and sandy) back in the 90's. baseball is great, i'm a sports lover in general!

Melanie said...

I don't really know much about Baseball, but was excited to see you prepare, and waited for the post!

Marz said...

I thought of you as I sat in Buffalo Wild Wings with the Jays game up on the television screens. I just knew you were there taking all the Opening Day festivities in!!! :) Your ballpark posts are some of my most favourites - I look forward to these!!! That photo of sweet Kahzmir ia just too precious! How awesome that he's been to every single Opening Day since he was born! What a neat tradition his daddy started for him :)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!