Recent Posts

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting high...

Yesterday, at an orientation session for work, I decided to use my recreation time to try climbing the high ropes. 
Our instructors Matt and Nicky talked us through the course.

Eager moi excited for the ascent!

My belayers making sure I felt supported and cheering me on each step of the way.
Almost at the top where it was so sHaKy!  Right about here I was yelling expletives, trying not to soil myself, freaking out a bit.  I knew there was no turning back and made it up!
High up there!  Letting go and lying back.
Back on solid ground and still trembling  from the adrenaline!  
I couldn't have done it without these girls!

Thankful for an ever expanding comfort zone and the opportunity and courage to explore it every day.

8 comments:

Felicity said...

Faiza you are a brave lady! Do you read National Geographic? Their May issue had a feature about people that scale Yosemite...freestyle, no ropes or safety nets or anything...just their bare hands!!!: O I can barely climb a step ladder without fearing i'm gonna fall. ; )

Tima said...

Again, my role model!

Rashida Kanji said...

Wow So very proud of you my babay!!

sheba said...

you go, girl! i'm so terrified of high ropes...

Marz said...

I am in awe of you darling!!! I got scared just looking at you up there leaning back!!! I wish I had your courage! In grade school we had an obstacle course like this and I ALWAYS dreaded that day. I was always soooo terrified!! So proud of you!

Susan said...

How fearless of you! Love your sense of adventure Faiza!

Claire Kiefer said...

You look so pretty being brave!

heather said...

how fun! i have a friend who is a rescuer in one of these rope/tree parks in holland!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!