Recent Posts

Monday, July 4, 2011

Meditation for your Monday

Teaching is a talent and I am lucky enough to have many teachers in my life.  They are those special people who take this art form and remind me every day how much more there is to learn and master. 

Then there are children.  They are humbling, humourous teachers without meaning to be.  Thank you to five year olds Kahzmir and Ethan for schooling me this weekend.

"Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man."
Rabindranath Tagore

 Mom, Dad and Ethan - kids at heart!

11 comments:

Melanie said...

I love everyone's smiles in this picture!

sheba said...

i'm sure the boys will be talking about your date for weeks!

Kirsten said...

Faiza, I love that you can say sooo much with a few words and a great photo. What a talent!

Meghan said...

What a wonderful picture. Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Paul Harrison - Master Nomi said...

I have always used mindfulness to become part of
the moment of doing something and fully engaging.
For instance, when drinking tea or coffee, fully
become aware of all aspects of the preparation,
pouring, and drinking without thinking of
something else. Just be present, its a great
exercise and then return to the breath when
needed.

Krystal said...

I like these thoughts :)

Claire Kiefer said...

I learn as much from my students (or more) as they learn from me. And I learn from you, dear & wise Faiza!

Tima said...

Your parents are the best. Ethan keeps asking when he'll see them again.

Minaz said...

Kahzmir had such a good time and can't stop talking about Cars 2! He also had a dream about you that night, fui! Happy 5th Birthday Ethan!

heather said...

This is so happy, so true! May we all be kids at heart!

Stephanie said...

So true. I've learned much more from my boys than I ever thought possible!! :)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!