Recent Posts

Monday, July 18, 2011

Meditation for your Monday

Some challenges are so overwhelming that we don't the have the energy to think about what it might be like to see ourselves through them and on to a brighter side.  That clarity you think you need just to get started can feel so out of reach.
"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
Martin Luther King Jr.

I am one of those people who loves Mondays. For me, getting to Monday can feel like a first step.  It's okay if you don't know how the journey will play out or what your second step will be "...just take the first step."

Taking a first step this Monday and wishing you steady feet wherever you travel this week.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Faiza! It has been SO long since I've commented, or checked blog posts, and when I see your lastest post it's the quote I used as inspiration to title my long, lost blog Steps & Staircases!! Whoa! I constantly need to remind myself to take baby steps--especially when I'm overwhelmed. Thank you for the reminder today.

And I do have a music-inspired note to send you...I will get it to you before Summer's End!

All my best, Lisa

Claire Kiefer said...

Hi love!! I've been away from my computer (I'm in Georgia and accidentally left my laptop in SF!) and have missed your blog. This quote comes at a perfect time. I love your optimism. Mondays are usually loooooong days for me (teach all day and all night!) but I am on vacation this Monday and next, so they aren't so bad at all! xoxoxoxo

rachel awes said...

GORGEOUS photo!
& i LOOOOOVE
the perspective
of monday
being a first step!
brilliant, dear friend!
xox

heather said...

oh my, this is so true! sometimes it seems difficult just to take the first step in big life ways... but really those are just the every day steps we take anyway. we gotta start somewhere.

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!