Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Colour Of

A few weeks ago, my #1 Canadian penpal Zoe pointed me in the direction of this fun website The Color Of.  They describe themselves in saying, "This is a system created to find out the colour of anything, by querying and aggregating image data from Flickr, a popular online photo sharing community. It is an attempt at answering a potentially complex and abstract question in an objective manner, by using simple algorithms on data originating from subjective human perceptions."

I, of course, took this very technical and complicated method of deriving colour and did a very serious and scientific search for...
French fries
(Fellow connoisseurs Micaela and Karina will agree that these capture both the golden glow of the perfect fry as well as the happy sunny feeling they can so easily provide.  Sigh.)

Again in all curious seriousness, I asked myself, "What is the colour of my favourite TV show?"  The Colour Of kindly provided me with this complicated answer...
Ode to television's genius, The Young and the Restless.  
I love the chaos and craziness of this one! Very Genoa City!

I also plugged in "lovely day" and was delighted by this:

Try The Color Of yourself to see what colours your life!

10 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Umm, I love this! Could spend all day doing it. So far I've looked for the colour of little boys and of kindergarten. Both were spot on! What a fun site, Faiza. Thanks for pointing me in its direction...

Zoë said...

so glad you enjoyed it :) the french fry one is perfect!

Zoë said...

p.s. yay for being your #1 canadian penpal. :D

Karina said...

Omg... so I've been busy just clicking away, I've already looked up the colour of cupcakes,coffee, chocolate, and m&m's :) That's just how I roll - lol! I'm a sweet kind of girl, aside from French Fries, which will always be number#1!!!

Thank you for blogging about it, and yes that is the colour of French Fries, so yummy and sunny and toasty :)

How am I feeling after the entire ordeal of Irene, great and happy thank God!!

Happy Tuesday sweet girl!

xoxo

Claire Kiefer said...

So cute and I'm tickled that you went with french fries first! I love it. I will have to visit The Colour Of to find out about Jax Teller, wine, and Bicoastally . . . ;)

Micaela said...

i lOVEEEE this and am hopping on to that website PRONTO!!! one day, me and you and kary-- we'll dine on french fries and listen to adele and share our stories about why she gets us so.

<3

xoxo

tez said...

Love, love, love this! Thank you for this post. :) x

Can't wait to share some french fries (poutine!) with you in a few weeks!! xox

rachel awes said...

how fun! i'll look this up..
love to play w/color,
& play w/you, dear friend.
lovelove. xox

Marina said...

Wow, I love it, now I have something to do all day long :))

Kirsten said...

I love this!!!! I love that you looked up Y&R - so Faiza!!!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!