Recent Posts

Friday, August 19, 2011

The Guest Book Project wraps up...with a wedding!

They did it!  Last weekend, Naaz and Kushan got married.  They were so calm and confident walking down the aisle and as you can see happiness is pouring out of them

For those of you who participated in the Guest Book Project, you know that their wedding had a travel theme to it.  Here is their way cool wedding strawberry shortcake.  The suitcase represents Naaz, while the backpack represents her hubby!  I love the world map that it rests on. 

Everyone got a topiary with the name of a county on it. 

Every table was named after a country that Naaz and/or Kushan had visited.  The photograph on the table name was taken either by Naaz or Kushan while in that country.

I have to admit I didn't get a chance to get too many pictures of the guest book table.  Here are a few of  the postcards that guests got to choose from. 

And here is the newlywed's mailbox!  All the postcards filled with words of love and celebration were put into the mailbox once they were done.

After an amazing dinner and just before we hit the dance floor, I got a chance to catch up with the newlyweds !

And for Micaela and Karina...look what came out at the midnight buffet!

Naaz and Kushan are currently on their honeymoon in Turkey and The Maldives and on their behalf, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who made this such a special day for them.  They are two of this world's best people!

8 comments:

Tima said...

I want to get married again just to have a fun theme like that!

Karina said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Ok breath, relax, breath ;) French Fries- that was a rocking wedding with sone very Wise food choices - You should have taken me as your date ;P Such a beautiful couple they both look beautiful and perfect fir each other. I love the wedding theme and that cake SO beautiful! I wish I could have sent postcards, would have loved to help out ;) And you my darling friend look SO beautiful!!!! Happy Friday love ;) xoxo

Meghan said...

What an incredible day! That cake is seriously amazing, and I am so glad the project worked out!

Stephanie said...

How creative!! I love it!
What fun!!! :)

Kirsten said...

Faiza, you are so beautiful in so many ways, but especially in that picture above! Happy to see that the project came together and was such a success!

Krystal said...

so cool to see the post cards in action!!! and they are a gorgeous couple :)

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

what a cool wedding theme! They look amazingly happy- all the best!

I was in and out of Toronto in a flash- got to visit with family and a few friends- You should definitely check out Cafe Polonez- I'll post a few more restaurants on Roncesvalles- I didn't set foot out of the village-

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

we always wanted to go to the maldives- looks like a perfect fun wedding.

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!