Recent Posts

Friday, October 28, 2011

Confessions from Barney Live: Barney's Birthday Bash!

On Sunday, I stepped out in style with a trio of little people to catch a most exciting musical extravaganza.  Yes my friends, I went to see Barney!  Live!  The premise of the show was basically the excitement and planning for Barney's birthday followed by THE.ACTUAL.BIRTHDAY.PARTY! I'm not going to lie, I had no expectations for this show other than spending quality time with my cousin Tasneem, her husband Rahim and their two gorgeous kids Sophia and Zane.  My Kahzmir and I were delighted to be invited to spend a few hours with them.  The show did not disappoint.  I had a such a great time!  Hold your horses, I'm not buying the Barney record or liking his Facebook page but I did have a blast!

Barney and his pals deep in party planning mode.

A valuable lesson is shared...Barney doesn't need birthday gifts with friends like Baby Bop, her big brother BJ and their cousin Riff. (Yeah, I'm name dropping here... Just in case you were wondering who the other dinosaurs were.)

All he wants is a birthday card (with a picture of himself on it!)  Listen up parents of the world, this means there is no need to get your kids any of the latest Barney paraphenalia.  He just got you off the hook!

Sophia gets on top of her seat to get a closer look.

The best part of the show was seeing how excited all the kids were.  I looked around me and felt like I was at a New Kids on the Block concert!  Kids were dancing, screaming, clapping and yelling out "Barney! BJ! Baby Bop! Riff!"   Some of the kids closer to the stage were losing their minds whenever Barney came close.

 
Thankful to the Samjis for the invite and a spectacular show!  

My cousin Tasneem had a great time too.  I loved seeing her sing all the songs...and perform all the actions!  At one point she turned to me and said, "Yup!  This is my favourite Barney song of all time!" I love that she has a favourite Barney song!  Thankful for this chance to let go and look at life the way I did when I was a kid.  To sing out loud, dance a silly dance and tell the people around me that I love them was worth it!

4 comments:

Tima said...

Awww, that's sweet.

Karina said...

Awww... That's so sweet and so much fun! I remember how my younger brother LOVED Barney, it was his life, now he won't admit it even if you torture him for dear life, me barney hells no! - hehe!! The concert looks like it was a blast!

xoxo

P.S. Barney rocks!!! She's my sister and I love my sister..........

heather said...

what, you're not going to like barney's fb page!? :)

i love the message of his show, and that you guys had so much fun! i have to say i'm a little nervous about living so close to this heavy consumer culture...

Marz said...

CUTEST post ever!! :) Thinking of all those kids (and adults! haha your beautiful cousin having a favourite Barney song cracks me up!)going nuts making you feel like you were at an NKOTB concert is just too adorable :) That photo of Sophia standing up - could definitely be me standing up to get a closer look at Jordan Knight! :) Her awesome purple boots matching her shirt - love it! :)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!