Recent Posts

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mom's Potatoes and Peas

My Mom came by last night and dropped of some of her scrumptious Fish Pie and some Shepard's Pie too.   I'm having her Fish Pie for lunch right now and it feels like I am getting a big and loving hug from her too.  My Mom got rear ended on the way home from dropping her treats off to me.  Please send her a big hug along with me.

My Mom is an amazing cook.  Here is a recipe her Potatoes and Peas.  I love to eat them on their own, with some naan or rotli or even some rice and yogurt. YUM!

This what your dish will look like if you add coriander as a garnish.
Photo via
Mom's Potatoes and Peas
In a saucepan add:
1 tsp of oil
1 tsp of cumin
Curry leaves (Just a couple.)

Heat the above for one minute until you hear popping.

Next add:
2 tbsp of tomato paste
3 potatos diced
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1 pack of pigeon peas

Heat on low for about 20 minutes.  Stir and serve.

It's as simple as that!  Potatoes and peas....yes please!

12 comments:

sheba said...

mmm, i miss my mom's mattar aloo. maybe i'll attempt to make it!

hope aunty is doing ok after her accident. xo

Claire Kiefer said...

I'm coming back for this recipe ASAP. It's one of my favorite Indian dishes & sounds so easy. I tried to wing it last time I made Indian food and added way too much . . . turmeric? Which resulted in a giant mess. Can't wait to try your mama's recipe!! xoxoxo

Melanie said...

i do not eat fish, yet that looks so yummy - hugs to your mom.

Meghan said...

I bet your mama is so cute:) What a thoughtful lady to bring you the food!

Kirsten said...

Yum!!!!

Megan said...

Yum that meal looks like such comfort food. Hugs for your mum :-(

Tima said...

Will we be honoured with more of your mum's recipes? Hope she's feeling better.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Yum! We have SO MANY potatoes from our garden that I need to do something with... Now I know what! I'm making these this weekend. Thanks, Faiza.
xo

Sheeba said...

I love potatoes, can't wait to try this recipe!
Hugs to you and your mom :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Faiza I just saw this! Girl you made me cry! Love you sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Hey Faiza I just saw this! Girl you made me cry! Love you sweetheart!

Mom
xxxxxxooooo

Mrs.B said...

Hope all is well with your mom. Recipe looks soooo good, must make soon.

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!