Recent Posts

Friday, December 23, 2011

Useful Things To Know...Really!

Here are some pretty cool tips to make your day a little easier.  I love this kind of stuff!  Now I can't take credit for any of these ideas.  I got them through an email forward from my co-worker and had to share. (I guess this is my way of forwarding that same email!)

In the kitchen

Make breakfast in bed a little spicier with this amazing heart shaped egg tutorial. Love this!
 
Hull your strawberries using a straw. 
I love the way they end up looking plump, fresh and ready to devour.

Stop cut apples from browning by keeping them together with a clean rubber band.

Turn your muffin pan upside down and use cookie dough to create dessert bowls for ice cream, pudding or fruit. So fun!


Bake cupcakes into an ice cream cone.  How fun would these be? 

  Around and about

Search for lost earrings and small treasures by placing a pair of your stockings over the vacuum cleaner tube.

Amplify your tunes by placing your iPhone or iPod into a round bowl.

Storage and organization

Use some wire to store wrapping paper on the closet ceiling. 
An eye catching, easy solution that allows you to take a quick visual inventory too.

Use magnetic strips on the back of your vanity door to keep track of things like bobby pins, tweezers and nail clippers.

Use bread tags to label computer cords!

I only use fitted sheets and love using this technique to keep them folded in a neat and tidy way.

 Tuck your bed linen sets inside one of their own pillowcases and there will be no more hunting through piles for a match. Brilliant!

I have lots of trips planned for 2012 and I always take too many  enough shoes when I pack.  Storing them inside of a shower cap is a great way to protect your clothes from any of the dirt you might have picked up along the way.

TGIF Friends!  Safe travels to those of you heading out to visit friends and family over the holidays.  Wishing you a peaceful season wherever you may be.

9 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

These ideas are genius!!! I love the wrapping paper storage, and the vacuum one. What a great idea!

Happy Holidays, Faiza!

sheba said...

i've seen some of these before and i'm totally drawn to the egg one, the ones for folding sheets [oh, how i love an organized linen closet!] and the shower cap/shoes one.

hope you're having a blast with your fam! xo

Stephanie said...

WONDERFUL tips!! Thanks for sharing....or re-sharing! :)
Hope you're having a fabulous Christmas day!!

Megan said...

This got sent around as an email at work last week and I absolutely loved it! So many great ideas I cannot wait to try out.

Jorden W said...

Genus!! Love the bobby pin one, I am forever losing them and then finding them in random places.

Claire Kiefer said...

These are SO BRILLIANT! I'm definitely marking this post so that I can come back to it. I LOVE IT! More posts with ingenious ideas, please!
xoxoxo

tez said...

Fantastic! I still ball up my fitted sheets and shove them into the linen closet and close the door before they fall out.
I also love the magnetic strip to hold bobby pins etc - they're all over the house AND my classroom!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness -- you found all the tips and tricks didn't you?! I love this!

Tima said...

Love it!

So....will I be seeing your shower cap/shoe tip when you come visit in 2012. I am of course demanding a visit! ;)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!