Recent Posts

Thursday, May 10, 2012

So you can sparkle all week...

While visiting with Claire in California on a 7 hour drive between Anaheim and Oakland one of the many things we talked about was friendships.  Discussed were old friends, new friends, friendships that are seamless and easy, those that survive transitions, difficult friendships and friends that have been a great gift but might be losing their relevance as we journey through life.

I told Claire that sometimes I catch myself walking down the street thinking about my family and some of the friendships that I am lucky enough to have and suddenly I will feel a strength and a sense that I am unbreakable.  I draw confidence in knowing that no matter what happens to me I have some of the softest places in this world to fall. 

Of course the star of this conversation at one point featured one of my favourite people in the land, my bestie Shafik.  This man loves and cheers me on unconditionally every single day. This week, I was reminded again of how lucky I am to have his friendship.

My creative bestie works with another friend of ours, Erin.  Erin and I are at a conference this week sharing a room overlooking the gorgeous Lake Couchiching.  As if anything else could improve on this setting.  Before she left work on Tuesday to meet me and drive up to the conference, Shafik sent me a little something via Erin...


There is glitter on the bottom left with a note that says, "So you can sparkle all week...as if you need it!!"  I've had this masterpiece up on the mirror in our room all week.  What a fun message to see every morning.  Love you bestie!


3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Love this. You two have such a blessing in each other. :-)

sheba said...

awww...

Meghan said...

This is just amazing. Everyone could use more glitter in their lives:)

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!