Recent Posts

Sunday, May 20, 2012

What $5 Will Get You...

 Some things in life come easier to me than others.  Ahem....like it is really easy for me to be the favourite child when my brother does something like this:



In his defense, his being obviously outshined by the lip synching back up singer/weird baseball cap and his display of some troubling anger managemrnt issues were all in jest of a great cause.  Karim raised $5 for Doctors Without Borders with this video and the philanthropist that contributed $5 towards this cause not only helped the same charity but s/he also sealed my rightful place as the golden child AGAIN. All this being the change kinda rocks doesn't it?!

Raise5 provides dogooders (yes that is what my brother is) with a way to share their talents in exchange for raising $5 at a time.  Some would call this micro-volunteering.  I'd call it micro-fundraising.  Potato, potatoe. You know?

In the end my brother did a great thing and I'll admit, he's pretty great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So hilarious! I laughed so much I had tears in my eyes! Well done Karim!

Domestic Sweetheart said...

So cool! P.S. I thought you would be interested in the giveaway I'm hosting for eShakti on www.domesticsweetheart.com

Karim Kanji said...

Your brother is a "Strange Animal"

Salim J Kanji said...

Hey Isn't that thing in Karim's left hand the gadget from Mom's Vacume Cleaner?

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!