Recent Posts

Monday, June 18, 2012

Meditation for your Monday

This month at book club we read Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green GablesRoxy said it best when she said that if she could be friends with any character in fiction she'd pick Anne.  Ditto!  I'll admit what I know to be true of a lot of girls...Gilbert Blythe was my first literary crush...take that Christian Grey!


This is one of my favourite books of all time because of musings from Anne such as this one,
"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

6 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

That's a really sweet thought & helps me with the whole "Monday" thing that you're so good at and on which I need work. :) How nostalgic to reread Anne of Green Gables!

Tima said...

I love Anne of Green Gables and also had a literary crush on Gilbert.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I think I just might re-read Anne of Green Gables this summer. I love that book so much. When Matthew buys Anne the dress with puffed sleeves... aah! Totally makes me well up. And I, too, fell in love with Gilbert Blythe the first time I read it. It always amazed me that it took Anne so long to realize he was her one true love.

Ooh, now I want to watch the miniseries too!

Thanks, Faiza. This totally made me smile :)

sheba said...

i have yet to read this, and it's only on my list b/c you profess so much love for it! as soon as reports are done, i plan to give it a whirl.

Kristin said...

Anne is one of my favourites of all time. My little Amelia has auburn coloured hair, and whenever I think about her hair colour (which is more frequent than you would think, for some odd reason!) I think about Anne's hair 'deepening into rich auburn' or however it is Diana describes it to Anne just before she sets her afloat on the canoe to play "The Lady of Shalott"...

xoxo

Christina Monique said...

I love Anne of Green Gables! Happy Reading!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!