Recent Posts

Friday, October 5, 2012

Confessions of a Crock Addict

My pals Merriam and Webster told me that the definition of an addict is "to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively or to cause addiction to a substance in (a person or animal)."  My cousin Jamila uses the term "overlove."  It sounds much more acceptable.  I'll be sure to suggest that to Merriam and Webster.
I'm stalling.  I'm hesitant to confess that I love the crock. That I overlove my crock pot.  That I'm a crock addict. I.am.a.crock.addict.
Lately, the crock has claimed some precious real estate in my mind.  It's gotten so bad that I've brought this addiction to the workplace.  I even purchased a second crock pot so that I have one at home and at work. There's an email distribution list on my computer called "Crockpotters."  Every week I invite these lovely people to join me in the lunch room and try a new recipe that I've found.  It's the perfect break in the work day and a chance to get to know people that I may not see at work otherwise.  It's also the perfect cover up for my addiction!  Ha!
It started innocently enough with an intention to be more mindful of what I eat.  For someone who doesn't like to cook I liked this lazy method of being culinary.  Throw all the ingredients into the crock pot and it does all the work!
My first recipe and one of my faves is a yummy Sante Fe Chicken Chili.

This Cashew Chicken was delish over rice.
Pinned Image

And this Mac and Cheese is amazing. I've made it three times already and plan to make some as a side for our Thanksgiving meal this weekend.
Thankful for my Crockety Crock!

4 comments:

Zoƫ said...

I JUST BOUGHT ONE OF THESE. Seriously. Last week. Haven't used it yet. But will definitely check out your recipes. If you have any more you love... definitely continue posting links. It's hard that I get home so late from work sometimes, so I thought it would be a good idea.

Claire Kiefer said...

Thank you so much for the recipes you've sent me! My cousins are here visiting from Georgia so I've been behind on email (and on commenting on your last blog post, which was amazing), but I intend to respond ASAP and make those delish concoctions!

I'm gonna make the Santa Fe chicken chili with my fake chicken, too. :)

shezleen said...

The cashew chicken looks fabulous. Did you try to crock pot a turkey? Happy Thanksgiving!

Tima said...

Guess what I'm having for dinner this week? Going to be trying one of those fab dishes. The Sante Fe is already one of my favourites.

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!