Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Goodness Rears It's Lovely Head

I am moving house.  It has been a bit of a wacky time in my heart, mind and home as I prepare to leave a space that has been all mine for ten years.  My home is quiet and safety and peace.  It is family and friends and a decade of memories.  This move is a wonderful thing.  It's a blessing in fact and is for all the best reasons in life.  It is also a big change.   

The process of finding a tenant has been a learning experience.  Curious prospects come in and out of my home when I am not there to determine whether it could be their next home.  Before they arrive, I do my best to make sure there are no remnants of me around. All the dirty dishes are in the dishwasher, my bed is made the minute I get out of it, all my toiletries are stowed away and everything is just so.  It can feel like I am in a china shop when I am simply in my own home.

I return home knowing strangers have been there.  They leave clues.  My kitchen cupboards have been left open, the shower curtain has been pulled to one side, pillows on my couch are not where I left them.  On one occasion, I came home and the fridge door was ajar.  Yesterday, someone left behind the scent of some pretty overpowering, pretty bad cologne.   

It's uncomfortable.  Frustrating at times.  It's a challenge to let the process unfold and not have complete control over the outcome. It's hard not to resent the strangers who come and go.

Thankfully, at the exact right moment this evening, just as I walked through the door and let out a huge sigh, I received a beautiful dose of PERSPECTIVE. This note was waiting for me on my kitchen counter, next to a series of business cards left behind by various real estate agents.


Thank you Todd and Lorna.  Thank you so very much.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Love love love when good people show their goodness. So sweet! Moving?! I feel a phone call in our future. Must talk!

Vijay said...

I love it! :-) There is good in the world!

Zoë said...

Aww, love it! such a bit of perspective at a much needed time <3 good luck with your move!

Tima said...

Awwwww.... I love it. That's so incredibly sweet. xxx

Megan said...

That is so sweet, a nice reminder that some very lovely people might get to enjoy your home.

Meghan said...

Aww! What a beautiful note! Good luck with the move. I know it can be incredibly stressful! I'll be thinking of you!

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!