Recent Posts

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Evolution of Gratitude


HAPPY 2014!

The end of the calendar year and the beginning of a new one always inspires me to reflect on the 12 preceding months that I was lucky enough to be a part of.  My love gave me a new computer for Christmas. While digesting this generous gift in a state of shock, I immediately thought about how much I missed blogging.  I created this happy place just over four years ago to capture the people, memories and moments that give me a multitude of reasons to be grateful each and every day. It was Sheba who introduced me to blogging.  She was a new Mom at the time and had just moved back to Toronto. We connected over the various blogs we came across and some of the mutual new friends we were making.  Many of these connections blossomed off line through snail mail, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I have been lucky enough to meet a few of my blog friends in person.  We have taken vacations, shared meals and even been to baseball games together!  What began as something very personal turned out to be a way to connect.  I found a new community online and made some amazing friends.

This blog began as an expression of gratitude. I love capturing images and stories here that I can share with family and friends.  I love going back through old posts and smiling at memories made.  A funny thing happens when you recognize and appreciate and acknowledge gratitude in your own life.  It pours out of places unexpectedly and you move from one marvelous moment to the next at top speed.  My blessed life has been a series of these amazing instances. Somewhere along the way, I got so caught up in moving from one magical moment to the next that I forgot to reflect and record them here.  I found other ways to be grateful that have been meaningful and purposeful but I have missed this space dearly.  Hope to spend more time here this year.

Looking ahead to a blessed 2014 and 
the reflections of gratitude that I know I will be so lucky to remember.

6 comments:

cerebral e said...

Happy New Year!

Tima said...

Happy New Year. I miss your blogs. Hope to see more of you.

Meghan said...

I love this post! "…that I was lucky enough to be a part of…" - what a great mindset you have on last year, and on the year to come. I've missed your spirit, Faiza! Looking forward to more posts! Happy New Year!

Keep On Smyelin! said...

Happy New Year! I always enjoy reading your blog. Hope to see more posts in the new year. Happiness to you always xo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sheba said...

Happy New Year, F! 2014 is already shaping up to be so wonderful and gratitude-worthy! Looking forward to seeing you lots both online and in real life. xo

Post a Comment

It's so nice to hear from you! Hope your day is a lovely one!